ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
After 9 long months (yes I know others have waited longer), I finally picked up my Taycan 2 days ago! I love it so much, although my dealer experience was a little bit of a wet blanket. It arrived when I was on vacation out of the country so it was with them for a week, and the whole pickup experience was a bit underwhelming.

When I saw it and also took it home I noticed a few things:

1. It had 11 miles on it on the lot. I expect a few but 11? Wondering if someone test drove it. Is this normal?
2. There is denting on both sides on top of the headlights. Is this normal? It is incredibly hard to capture in photos but wondering if this is just part of the design and I just never noticed.
3. I have Carrera White Metallic and was in a parking garage under bright lights and noticed many hairline scratches on the top of the trunk and slightly deeper scratches on the hood. I wonder if whatever they used to clean it scratched the car.

I am not OCD, I promise, but for a car that is fresh from the port I expected it to be flawless. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I really love it I just expected a perfectly pristine car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Actually I do see the dents in a picture I took on the lot, see below.
Porsche Taycan Denting near headlights and other things I noticed on my new Taycan 75EF0224-FE83-41F5-81B6-40897C38C782

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
1. Mine had 8 mile upon delivery. 11 doesn't seem unreasonable.
2. No clue what you are seeing but I'm not seeing any sort of irregularity whatsoever. "Denting"? No.
3. I am OCD. I closely examined pretty much every square inch of my car when I got it home. I found a few very minor marks in the paint really only visible under direct sunlight or a bright LED. Consistent with what a car goes through once it's painted at the factory. A couple of hours with a polisher and all marks are gone. Anything more than very superficial should go back to the dealer for correction.

Edit: Just saw your pictures. Those dents are damage. Something happened to your car and the dealer should never have delivered it. No OCD on your part. That is damage.

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Hi Amy, none of this is normal. The picture shows as if they ran it into a garage door or other flat object that goes that wide as these dents look symmetrical and door dings in appearance. I am hoping they can be fixed using paintless ding correction process.

Also, Taycan with being a high-end car, the recommendation is to not let dealer do anything with your paint and take it straight to the paint protection shop. I took the entire day off so I can be sure to see my Cayenne come off the truck and then going with PDI under my full presence with no paint or packaging removal unless fully necessary. Then you take it to the people that you trust at paint protection and those super caring professionals do it right.

I am fortunate that we have one of the best shops in the country. I just sometimes stop by to stare at what they have and they have some amazing cars. They recently had 2 x F90 hybrid Ferraris going through paint protection at the same time.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2. No clue what you are seeing but I'm not seeing any sort of irregularity whatsoever. "Denting"? No.
3. I am OCD. I closely examined pretty every square inch of my car when I got it home. I found a few very minor marks in the paint really only visible under direct sunlight or a bright LED. Consistent with what a car goes through once it's painted at the factory. A couple of hours with a polisher and all marks are gone. Anything more than very superficial should go back to the dealer for correction.

Edit: Just saw your pictures. Those dents are damage. Something happened to your car and the dealer should never have delivered it. No OCD on your part. That is damage.
+1 to this, clear damage

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mileage is normal. Those dents are not. It looks like something fell on the car.
+1, this is damage. I would not accept the car like this, they are responsible for this. This is what PDI is for. I cannot believe a dealer would deliver a car like this to a customer.

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
11 miles is fine. Mine had 10. Those dents are very visible and a clear red flag. You need to bring that car right back to the dealer and let them know they screwed up big.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi Amy, none of this is normal. The picture shows as if they ran it into a garage door or other flat object that goes that wide as these dents look symmetrical and door dings in appearance. I am hoping they can be fixed using paintless ding correction process.

Also, Taycan with being a high-end car, the recommendation is to not let dealer do anything with your paint and take it straight to the paint protection shop. I took the entire day off so I can be sure to see my Cayenne come off the truck and then going with PDI under my full presence with no paint or packaging removal unless fully necessary. Then you take it to the people that you trust at paint protection and those super caring professionals do it right.

I am fortunate that we have one of the best shops in the country. I just sometimes stop by to stare at what they have and they have some amazing cars. They recently had 2 x F90 hybrid Ferraris going through paint protection at the same time.
Thank you, I feel angry yet relieved at the same time that others agree. I am not a car person, I just assumed the Porsche dealer was the best place to handle and treat the car. How do you find a paint protection shop, what do I search for?

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
+1, this is damage. I would not accept the car like this, they are responsible for this. This is what PDI is for. I cannot believe a dealer would deliver a car like this to a customer.
The whole delivery experience was very underwhelming. It’s not like they’re busy, I was the only customer in there. I’m frustrated with my dealership.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
3. I am OCD. I closely examined pretty much every square inch of my car when I got it home. I found a few very minor marks in the paint really only visible under direct sunlight or a bright LED. Consistent with what a car goes through once it's painted at the factory. A couple of hours with a polisher and all marks are gone. Anything more than very superficial should go back to the dealer for correction.

What kind of polisher did you use?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
After 9 long months (yes I know others have waited longer), I finally picked up my Taycan 2 days ago! I love it so much, although my dealer experience was a little bit of a wet blanket. It arrived when I was on vacation out of the country so it was with them for a week, and the whole pickup experience was a bit underwhelming.

When I saw it and also took it home I noticed a few things:

1. It had 11 miles on it on the lot. I expect a few but 11? Wondering if someone test drove it. Is this normal?
2. There is denting on both sides on top of the headlights. Is this normal? It is incredibly hard to capture in photos but wondering if this is just part of the design and I just never noticed.
3. I have Carrera White Metallic and was in a parking garage under bright lights and noticed many hairline scratches on the top of the trunk and slightly deeper scratches on the hood. I wonder if whatever they used to clean it scratched the car.

I am not OCD, I promise, but for a car that is fresh from the port I expected it to be flawless. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I really love it I just expected a perfectly pristine car.
The good news is that this can be fixed with paint less dent repairs and some detailing.

Bad news is that you may have to pay for it.

By any chance, did you take any pictures of your car before you took it from the dealer? You might be able to prove that the damage was there from the beginning.

good luck and hope you get it sorted with minimal downtime.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The good news is that this can be fixed with paint less dent repairs and some detailing.

Bad news is that you may have to pay for it.

By any chance, did you take any pictures of your car you took it from the dealer? You might be able to provide that Themis damage was there from the beginning.

good luck and hope you get it sorted with minimal downtime.
Thanks, and yes that photo I posted is on the lot the day I picked it up, and I have another one too

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My recommendation would be not let the dealer handle it ever again and just make them pay for it when you fix it. Then I would not be searching for a shop but share your general geography and hopefully someone from the forum can direct you to a proven shop and potentially to a dent removal expert. If you would be near me, I would help arrange for everything as I know everyone and everything where I live and they would take care of it. I had to fix much worse as things just happen, but I only let the dealer do the maintenance service, but even then I handle Engine and Air Filters myself.

Last edited:

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
What kind of polisher did you use?
Random orbital polisher, Griot's Complete Compound on an orange pad (to remove the minor surface imperfections) followed by Complete Polish on a black pad (because you can't have too much shine). The Porsche paint can look absolutely fantastic with just a little work. Your dents are a whole different matter.
Sponsored