Denting near headlights and other things I noticed on my new Taycan

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is completely unacceptable. No way your dealer didn't see this. This car would have had multiple people working on it before delivery. This is scammy dealer practice I'd expect from a used car lot, not porsche.

You should contact porsche directly to make them aware of this delivery experience.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Those are definitely dents.

My new GTS ST had 10 miles on the clock.

A good detailer would be able to polish out the scratches.
Agree they are dents. Looks like they could have been done by the transport company on a trailer. If the hit a bump when cars are stacked on both levels it looks very close.

If you bring a new car like that yo a detailer, he will not do anything other than refer you back to Porsche.

Looks like very shoddy work by that Porsche dealer

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Ridiculous! WTF were they thinking? Delivering the car like this. It says it all: Worst dealer ever!

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Update: I went, and they were very, very apologetic, and said there is no reason this should’ve been missed (which we all know). I am taking it back in on Monday because the dent and ding expert isn’t there today. They offered to pick it up and drop it off and give me a loaner but I said I’d just drop it off myself. They said the dents and scratches should be very easy to fix, and “we will see what else we can do” Personally I want ceramic coating and window tinting for free and I think I should get it, but I doubt they will give it to me. We will see.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I'm anxiously awaiting an update too. I know all the guys here are fuming and rightfully so, but from my female point of view I also just feel so bad for you. I know I'd be the same and think it's probably just me being unreasonable or clueless before realizing it's not. I know you'll rip them a new one though, just as I would! Good luck and so sorry again for such a nasty headache to deal with at what should be such a festive time!

Edit: Yay update! Stand your ground on this one! Try psychological and emotional tricks if honey doesn't work... that's what I do 😈.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'm anxiously awaiting an update too. I know all the guys here are fuming and rightfully so, but from my female point of view I also just feel so bad for you. I know I'd be the same and think it's probably just me being unreasonable or clueless before realizing it's not. I know you'll rip them a new one though, just as I would! Good luck and so sorry again for such a nasty headache to deal with at what should be such a festive time!

Edit: Yay update! Stand your ground on this one! Try psychological and emotional tricks if honey doesn't work... that's what I do 😈.
Yes! Exactly! I had doubts thinking oh I’m just being high maintenance but when you take a step back and realize the very expensive car (or really any car) I just purchased brand new 2 days ago is DENTED, it’s not acceptable! Thanks for your response ❤

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update: I went, and they were very, very apologetic, and said there is no reason this should’ve been missed (which we all know). I am taking it back in on Monday because the dent and ding expert isn’t there today. They offered to pick it up and drop it off and give me a loaner but I said I’d just drop it off myself. They said the dents and scratches should be very easy to fix, and “we will see what else we can do” Personally I want ceramic coating and window tinting for free and I think I should get it, but I doubt they will give it to me. We will see.
you should get an email from porsche in a few days asking for your feedback. Make sure you let porsche know.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
High end dealerships are no better than any other dealer, same shoddy and quick work will be done. Don’t go in and let them treat you as though you are being “high maintenance” just because you are a woman. Coming from another woman on the forums, go in confident and be matter of fact. I have never let a dealer walk all over me, and they do try, I generally know more than all the men in the place about the vehicle I am looking at. Please keep this post updated and if you aren’t satisfied with the fix, go to the Sales manager and higher.

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
what a bad chance.. waiting so long and then this is happening.. Hope that they will fix it asap
Sponsored