Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
My heart is with the Taycan Turbo, its better car, better interior quality, far better steering/suspension, but my pocket can only afford the Audi RS E-tron GT. There are ton more Audi dealers so there is a lot more leverage, less snobbery

I wasn't crazy about the stock color pallet, therefore I went with an Exclusive color, allocation for April 2022, add 6 weeks for the color and the ETA is May 2022

I specced out a comparable Taycan Turbo with he same options which came out to $198,480. The Audi comes to $167,695, comparable lease RV is 55% for the Audi, 44% for the Taycan.

Its just one simple option in the US called Year One and an Exclusive Color for a $3900 up-charge, thats it

- 21" 5-twin-spoke concept car design wheels
- Carbon fiber exterior mirror housings
- Illuminated, carbon fiber door sills with Audi Sport logo
- Matte carbon atlas inlays
- Carbon fiber exterior side sill inlays
- Black badges and Audi Rings
- Rear wheel steering
- Dynamic power steering
- RS 3-spoke heated, perforated flat-bottom, multifunction steering wheel
- RS 18-way power front sport seats plus including 4-way power lumbar
- Ventilated front seats with Massage function
- Fine Nappa perforated leather seats with "RS" honeycomb stitching
- Full Leather interior
- Dinamica headliner
- RS interior design package with red stitching, RS floor mats and red seatbelts
- HD Matrix-design LED headlights with Audi laser light and animation
- Carbon ceramic brakes with Red calipers

Exclusive color Nogaro Blue

Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT DSC00363-2048x1536

Interior with deviated stitching, seat-belts, deviated stitching floor mats

Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 5583965022f6eea90641c5eb689f6388x (1)

Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 2021-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-electric-sports-car-review-13

Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT fc87f441c7527e76ea98acf2a8cd1b0ex

Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1920x2690-desktop-GT-Simona-Falcinella-08621C06

Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT https___hypebeast.com_image_2021_08_2021-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-electric-sports-car-review-12

I can cancel my order anytime so anything can change.

Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT fc87f441c7527e76ea98acf2a8cd1b0ex (1)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
My heart is with the Taycan Turbo, its better car, better interior quality, far better steering/suspension, but my pocket can only afford the Audi RS E-tron GT. There are ton more Audi dealers so there is a lot more leverage, less snobbery

I wasn't crazy about the stock color pallet, therefore I went with an Exclusive color, allocation for April 2022, add 6 weeks for the color and the ETA is May 2022

I specced out a comparable Taycan Turbo with he same options which came out to $198,480. The Audi comes to $167,695, comparable lease RV is 55% for the Audi, 44% for the Taycan.

Its just one simple option in the US called Year One and an Exclusive Color for a $3900 up-charge, thats it

- Rear wheel steering
- Dynamic power steering
- Full Leather interior
- Dinamica headliner
- RS interior design package with red stitching, RS floor mats and red seatbelts

DSC00363-2048x1536.jpg

Interior with deviated stitching, seat-belts, deviated stitching floor mats

5583965022f6eea90641c5eb689f6388x (1).jpg

2021-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-electric-sports-car-review-13.jpg

fc87f441c7527e76ea98acf2a8cd1b0ex.jpg

1920x2690-desktop-GT-Simona-Falcinella-08621C06.jpg

https___hypebeast.com_image_2021_08_2021-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-electric-sports-car-review-12.jpg

I can cancel my order anytime so anything can change.

fc87f441c7527e76ea98acf2a8cd1b0ex (1).jpg
Enjoy! I am sure you will like it.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Higher residual for an Audi vs. a Porsche?? Especially 44 vs 55 %, that's a big difference!
That doesn't match what I observe in the used car market at all...

Is this just Audi willing to subsidize the E-tron via excessively high RV and Porsche deciding to make more money on leases via lower RV than market?

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Higher residual for an Audi vs. a Porsche?? Especially 44 vs 55 %, that's a big difference!
That doesn't match what I observe in the used car market at all...

Is this just Audi willing to subsidize the E-tron via excessively high RV and Porsche deciding to make more money on leases via lower RV than market?
Yes, Audi is subventing the leases. The 4s has a higher RV than the Turbo. The RS has a higher RV than the GT. Its all wacky, but for now, its to the consumers benefit.
The MF is the same for the E-tron and Taycan, both are VW financial

Something else with Audi is they don't have MRM. I could lease an RS for $50k over.
a Dealer quoted me a $25k down, $3800 a month payment. I almost died of laughter

If any factor heavily changes between now and the estimated delivery, it could kill the a deal for me. $7500 tax is a big one that might disappear

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

- Rear wheel steering
- Dynamic power steering
- Full Leather interior
- Dinamica headliner

DSC00363-2048x1536.jpg

At least you got Negaro. The most RS color one can buy. I had a Sprint Blue S4 once and loved that similar color.
Yes, Audi is subventing the leases. The 4s has a higher RV than the Turbo. The RS has a higher RV than the GT. Its all wacky, but for now, its to the consumers benefit.
The MF is the same for the E-tron and Taycan, both are VW financial

Something else with Audi is they don't have MRM. I could lease an RS for $50k over.
a Dealer quoted me a $25k down, $3800 a month payment. I almost died of laughter

If any factor heavily changes between now and the estimated delivery, it could kill the a deal for me. $7500 tax is a big one that might disappear
At least you got the Nogaro - the most S/RS color you can buy. I had a Sprint Blue B7 S4 and that color always got compliments.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At least you got the Nogaro - the most S/RS color you can buy. I had a Sprint Blue B7 S4 and that color always got compliments.
I love the Spirit blue better than Nogaro, but its not an option. It was between Merlin and Nogaro, but I think Merlin Purple would have been really out there.

Here are the Exclusive Blues:

Ara blue, crystal
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203433092

Cumulus Blue
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203700487

Utopia Blue
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203476567

Night Blue
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203505699

Sepang Blue Pearl
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203549401

Nogaro Pearl
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203582049

Ascari (Stock Color)
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203593963

Palace Blue Pearl
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635203669234

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Did you get to sit in one? Any difference size-wise to the Taycan in the rear seat headroom area?

Big difference in the lease price. My only hesitation is that with the non-RS car (similar to the Taycan 4S) there is less than a $15k difference between identically specc'd cars. And the Taycan certainly looks more unique than the Audi, which could be mistaken for an RS7.

The Audi counters with a less interesting but more useful interior, IMO. Having been in multiple Taycans and recent PCM 6.0 Products, as well as several current Audis, I think Audi does it better. JMHO.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Love the interior spec! Nogaro used to be free back in the day. (B5 S4)

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you get to sit in one? Any difference size-wise to the Taycan in the rear seat headroom area?

Big difference in the lease price. My only hesitation is that with the non-RS car (similar to the Taycan 4S) there is less than a $15k difference between identically specc'd cars. And the Taycan certainly looks more unique than the Audi, which could be mistaken for an RS7.

The Audi counters with a less interesting but more useful interior, IMO. Having been in multiple Taycans and recent PCM 6.0 Products, as well as several current Audis, I think Audi does it better. JMHO.
Ive driven 4s, Turbo, GT, RS.
The RS has a CF roof so its hard to compare headroom with the Taycan even though I didn't pay much attention to that.

If you spec a lot options on the Taycan it makes more sense to go with a Audi.
A similar spec 4s compared to this RS Etron is $173k with the 4s having a $129k MRM, so $43k up front

If you don't over spec a Taycan, go with that. It has better driving dynamics.
I do like the buttons for the Etron event though the Taycans screens looks way better. To me infotainment isnt a key factor.
I dont want a large tablet one because it distracts from the artistry of the interior. I was in the EQS and they love to put colors, exploding graphics to wow the driver. The goods news is that it had pretty nice interior otherwise

Personally the front of the Tayan is beautiful and distinct, but the rear can pass for a Panamera.
Both are gorgeous cars IMO

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love the interior spec! Nogaro used to be free back in the day. (B5 S4)
Yes the interior is great. Im big on stitching and little details so it works out
Im kinda glad the dont have Nogaro as standard. Makes it more unique

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Yes the interior is great. Im big on stitching and little details so it works out
Im kinda glad the dont have Nogaro as standard. Makes it more unique
Ditto.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
My heart is with the Taycan Turbo
Don’t do it Mr Smith
Go with your heart. Dont be fooled by spec you don’t need. A Taycan Turbo with NO extras is all you need!

The Taycan is a timeless classic. The perfect Porsche silhouette. The 4 door 911 we always wanted. Much sleeker and more elegant than a Panamera.
Would you buy a 911 disguised as an Audi TT because extra bits and bobs made it look cheaper? There is a reason you can get discounts on Audis and not Porsches. Of course there is no guarantee of future value but the best indicator is past performance.
Porsches have held their value better than Audis since the Dinosaurs roamed the Earth. The Audi is a lovely car.
Just not as lovely as a Porsche.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Ive driven 4s, Turbo, GT, RS.
The RS has a CF roof so its hard to compare headroom with the Taycan even though I didn't pay much attention to that.

If you spec a lot options on the Taycan it makes more sense to go with a Audi.
A similar spec 4s compared to this RS Etron is $173k with the 4s having a $129k MRM, so $43k up front

If you don't over spec a Taycan, go with that. It has better driving dynamics.
I do like the buttons for the Etron event though the Taycans screens looks way better. To me infotainment isnt a key factor.
I dont want a large tablet one because it distracts from the artistry of the interior. I was in the EQS and they love to put colors, exploding graphics to wow the driver. The goods news is that it had pretty nice interior otherwise

Personally the front of the Tayan is beautiful and distinct, but the rear can pass for a Panamera.
Both are gorgeous cars IMO
I would never buy an Audi vs a Porsche. The Audi Etron Forum on a good day has ten Post. Most days five. Just based on that fact a Porsche must be superior. Hate to see you go. You had some great info on Leather Options which really helped me. Best of luck if you end up going through with the deal. I think you will come back to your senses and do the right thing.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I checked out the Audi GT, very nice. I'm currently waiting for a Taycan CT Turbo allocation since this summer, but had already 2 chances to buy the eTron GT. I would have pulled the trigger on a Audi GT RS, if only Audi made is as an estate car - heck keep the body line but make it a hatch like the Model S (simply hinge it higher and open the whole back window). Test driving the EQS this weekend. The exterior styling is bland but I don't buy cars to impress others with its looks - function over form for me almost every time (by CT build is $180K, out of that only $1,200 is for esthetic options). I also worry the non AMG version might be lacking for sportier handling, but other than that the EQS checks so many other boxes for me. Heck, I already have refundable deposits waiting for the Taycan CT Turbo, I might just put my name down for an EQS 580 and whichever can deliver first becomes my next ride.
Sponsored