Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
My heart is with the Taycan Turbo, its better car, better interior quality, far better steering/suspension, but my pocket can only afford the Audi RS E-tron GT. There are ton more Audi dealers so there is a lot more leverage, less snobbery

I wasn't crazy about the stock color pallet, therefore I went with an Exclusive color, allocation for April 2022, add 6 weeks for the color and the ETA is May 2022

I specced out a comparable Taycan Turbo with he same options which came out to $198,480. The Audi comes to $167,695, comparable lease RV is 55% for the Audi, 44% for the Taycan.

Its just one simple option in the US called Year One and an Exclusive Color for a $3900 up-charge, thats it

- 21" 5-twin-spoke concept car design wheels
- Carbon fiber exterior mirror housings
- Illuminated, carbon fiber door sills with Audi Sport logo
- Matte carbon atlas inlays
- Carbon fiber exterior side sill inlays
- Black badges and Audi Rings
- Rear wheel steering
- Dynamic power steering
- RS 3-spoke heated, perforated flat-bottom, multifunction steering wheel
- RS 18-way power front sport seats plus including 4-way power lumbar
- Ventilated front seats with Massage function
- Fine Nappa perforated leather seats with "RS" honeycomb stitching
- Full Leather interior
- Dinamica headliner
- RS interior design package with red stitching, RS floor mats and red seatbelts
- HD Matrix-design LED headlights with Audi laser light and animation
- Carbon ceramic brakes with Red calipers

Exclusive color Nogaro Blue

DSC00363-2048x1536.jpg

Interior with deviated stitching, seat-belts, deviated stitching floor mats

5583965022f6eea90641c5eb689f6388x (1).jpg

2021-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-electric-sports-car-review-13.jpg

fc87f441c7527e76ea98acf2a8cd1b0ex.jpg

1920x2690-desktop-GT-Simona-Falcinella-08621C06.jpg

https___hypebeast.com_image_2021_08_2021-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-electric-sports-car-review-12.jpg

I can cancel my order anytime so anything can change.

fc87f441c7527e76ea98acf2a8cd1b0ex (1).jpg
You will get a stomach ache every time you pull up next to a Taycan and think about what you did vs. what you could have done. Cancel the Audi and get what you wanted. At these price levels , if you can afford one you can afford the other.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I checked out the Audi GT, very nice. I'm currently waiting for a Taycan CT Turbo allocation since this summer, but had already 2 chances to buy the eTron GT. I would have pulled the trigger on a Audi GT RS, if only Audi made is as an estate car - heck keep the body line but make it a hatch like the Model S (simply hinge it higher and open the whole back window). Test driving the EQS this weekend. The exterior styling is bland but I don't buy cars to impress others with its looks - function over form for me almost every time (by CT build is $180K, out of that only $1,200 is for esthetic options). I also worry the non AMG version might be lacking for sportier handling, but other than that the EQS checks so many other boxes for me. Heck, I already have refundable deposits waiting for the Taycan CT Turbo, I might just put my name down for an EQS 580 and whichever can deliver first becomes my next ride.
MB dropped the ball on the exterior of the EQS from the concept. Anyone that I showed the concept drooled over it. My girlfriend saw it in person and asked what kind of Kia that was.

EQS has more batteries 107kwh vs Taycan 93kwh which adds weight/range. The EQS hyperscreen is impressive, but for me it was overkill. MB made the screen to dazzle more than functionality IMO. At least the rest of the interior is beautiful and high quality.

I would rather focus my eyes on interior details, leather, stitching, craftsmanship, CF, instead of the screen

On a side note, the 2 days I was observing all the deposit holders/test drivers for the EQS, they all seemed to be in their 80s and current MB drivers.

Also these German OEMs are not trying to displace any customers to switch over to their EVs. It seems they just want to switch their current clients to a BEV version. The only one that accomplished crossover success has been the Taycan because Porsche has made something different that appeals to any driver
I only consider how it would affect me. The interior was nicer, IMO, to the Taycan. It was comfortable and well built. The car is darn right UGLY - it looked best in Silver with the AMG wheels. But it rode well, was plenty quick and handled reasonably. The main draw is that the range is very good. With that range, it's a "real" car. It can be used in more scenarios than my car that is a 150-220 mile range car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
MB dropped the ball on the exterior of the EQS from the concept. Anyone that I showed the concept drooled over it. My girlfriend saw it in person and asked what kind of Kia that was.
It doesn't look horrible.
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1635795696930

There are people out there who actually like it. For me it looks a little bland, not showy at all so it blends in with traffic without drawing any attention to itself. Personally I don't mind blending it as I never my cars for attention from others, but rather for the car's functionality which includes performance.

I would rather focus my eyes on interior details, leather, stitching, craftsmanship, CF, instead of the screen
I prefer to focus my eyes on the road, and maybe the augmented reality HUD. ;)

On a side note, the 2 days I was observing all the deposit holders/test drivers for the EQS, they all seemed to be in their 80s and current MB drivers.
Interesting. I hung out for a bit and have not seen a single person who appeared to be over 80. Most were in their 40's. Maybe it's just the difference between Los Angeles and Seattle area demographics. Perhaps L.A. has much more of an aging population.

Also these German OEMs are not trying to displace any customers to switch over to their EVs. It seems they just want to switch their current clients to a BEV version.
You are right on that one. The marketing line throughout the event was how easily one can switch from an ICE S class to the ESQ. The stupid placement of the charge port is more than likely the result of this - that is where their ICE cars have the fuel cap. What was interesting to watch however how that message fell on death ears. Looking at the parking lot of people who came to test drive, Mercedes owners were not the majority of the audience. Most of the cars there were Teslas, with number of Mercs about the same as Porsches (did not see any Taycans though).

It seems they just want to switch their current clients to a BEV version. The only one that accomplished crossover success has been the Taycan because Porsche has made something different that appeals to any driver
Interesting that you'd say that. I had a long conversation with one of the Porsche dealers this summer and they say the majority of their Taycans don't go to the Porsche audience, so "new customer acquisition" rather than "crossover conversion". Tesla owners apparently lead the pack there too. Personally I'm also switching after 8 years of Model S's, and while I have owned Porsche before, I haven't owned one since ~2003.

Last edited:

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
You will get a stomach ache every time you pull up next to a Taycan and think about what you did vs. what you could have done. Cancel the Audi and get what you wanted. At these price levels , if you can afford one you can afford the other.
I was in Mayfair, London this weekend. The thing that sticks in my mind wasn't the three Taycan Cross Turismos I spotted, but the lone RS e-tron GT parked on a side street. The GT has real presence "in the flesh". Elegant and aggressive at the same time. Gorgeous! No regrets, but it really is that special.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I am going to disagree here. I am about to trade in my TTS for an RS Etron GT. So price isn't the issue. I have had the TTS for over 1.5 years, really liked it. Great car. But at the end of the day the RS ETron is more "exciting" and a more "correct" setup for a car of this size.

It comes down to what you are looking for.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I am going to disagree here. I am about to trade in my TTS for an RS Etron GT. So price isn't the issue. I have had the TTS for over 1.5 years, really liked it. Great car. But at the end of the day the RS ETron is more "exciting" and a more "correct" setup for a car of this size.

Can you elaborate on the correct set up? As someone that has had the Taycan for so long, it would be interesting to hear your view point

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Edmund, I always appreciated your thoughtful contributions. Sorry to see you go but I do understand the need to switch things up. Do provide us with your Taycan<>eTron-GT comparative assessment after a couple of months. Thanks!

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It doesn't look horrible.
1635795696930.png

There are people out there who actually like it. For me it looks a little bland, not showy at all so it blends in with traffic without drawing any attention to itself. Personally I don't mind blending it as I never my cars for attention from others, but rather for the car's functionality which includes performance.

I prefer to focus my eyes on the road, and maybe the augmented reality HUD. ;)

Interesting. I hung out for a bit and have not seen a single person who appeared to be over 80. Most were in their 40's. Maybe it's just the difference between Los Angeles and Seattle area demographics. Perhaps L.A. has much more of an aging population.

You are right on that one. The marketing line throughout the event was how easily one can switch from an ICE S class to the ESQ. The stupid placement of the charge port is more than likely the result of this - that is where their ICE cars have the fuel cap. What was interesting to watch however how that message fell on death ears. Looking at the parking lot of people who came to test drive, Mercedes owners were not the majority of the audience. Most of the cars there were Teslas, with number of Mercs about the same as Porsches (did not see any Taycans though).

Interesting that you'd say that. I had a long conversation with one of the Porsche dealers this summer and they say the majority of their Taycans don't go to the Porsche audience, so "new customer acquisition" rather than "crossover conversion". Tesla owners apparently lead the pack there too. Personally I'm also switching after 8 years of Model S's, and while I have owned Porsche before, I haven't owned one since ~2003.
I drove that car also. And the car looks best in Silver for my eyes. What I really like is that the EQS is supposed to get 350-400 miles of actual Range. The car I was driving had 195 miles of range left with 53% battery. I get in my car now, in winter and I see 199 range at 85% charge !! And that's all bullshit anyhow, I get 20% less actual range than the Porsche range "Guesstimate". When the AMG EQS hits, I will be very interested in switching over.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
You are right, never wanted an Audi, driven most of the fast ones, all handle like a car fit for the retired, so will probably buy one when I turn 50.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are right, never wanted an Audi, driven most of the fast ones, all handle like a car fit for the retired, so will probably buy one when I turn 50.
Its ok more power to you. I'll just enjoy my McLaren, my Alfa, my R8, my RS Etron, my Jaguar, my Tesla Roadster, my 718 Spyder, my i8 as I retire and get older...

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Its ok more power to you. I'll just enjoy my McLaren, my Alfa, my R8, my RS Etron, my Jaguar, my Tesla Roadster, my 718 Spyder, my i8 as I retire and get older...
But I think I remeber that you sold the ASTON? Red trouser and slippers car?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Can you adopt me?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But I think I remeber that you sold the ASTON? Red trouser and slippers car?
You forgot the smoking jacket, the driving gloves, the scarf and the cup of tea with milk....

Can you adopt me?
I would, but I am such an a*****e that even the cars don't make it worthwhile.... :oops:
Sponsored