Details of "Standard Audio" setup

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
I have been trying to find some details on this but turning up blanks.

Does anyone know the speaker setup for the base audio system? How many tweeters, mids, woofer, wattage etc.

I can find this info for the Bose setup for example but not for the standard audio...

Thanks!
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The configurator just has this to say about the standard audio system:

"Sound Package Plus with 10 Speakers and a total output of 150 watts"

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Here's what i was able to find:

Pr. code: 9VK - Basic Soundsystem
10 speakers no subwoofer

Pr. code: 9VL - Bose Soundsystem
14 speakers incl. subwoofer

Pr. code 9VJ - Burmester Soundsystem
21 speakers incl. subwoofer

Last edited:

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
If you bring up the configurator for the Base Taycan and look at standard equipment:

Standard - Sound Package Plus with 10 Speakers and a total Output of 150 Watts

Then look at the options for the upgrades:

BOSE - BOSE® Surround Sound System with 12 loudspeakers including center speaker and a subwoofer integrated into the vehicle body. Fully active sound system with a total output of 555 watts.

Burmester - The Burmester® High-End 3D Surround Sound System has 21 speakers with a 2-way center system and a 400-watt active subwoofer. The system delivers a total output of 1,455 watts.

After reading the above I have to wonder what the power drain for the Burmester is when it is cranked up to max :CWL:

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
There is a good explanation of the Bose and Burmester here Porsche have never really given out details of what the standard systems are and I feel it is they dont want any one to go with it.. Bose seems to be "standard fit" and any car without it will potentially suffer at trade in

Each "car button" takes you to a different summary of which is in each Porsche - Taycan button displays

BOSE® Surround Sound System
BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 loudspeakers including subwoofer, 14 amplifier channels and a total output of 710 watts. BOSE® Centerpoint 2 technology enables the system to play stereo recordings in a virtual surround mode. AudioPilot Noise Compensation Technology ensures a consistent and well-balanced sound in all driving conditions. BOSE® SoundTrue Enhancement Technology delivers improved audio quality and dynamics for compressed file formats such as MP3.
Note: reduced luggage compartment volume due to subwoofer underneath the rear luggage compartment floor.

Burmester® 3D High-End Surround Sound System
Burmester® 3D HighEnd Surround Sound System with a total output of over 1,455 watts and 21 individually controlled loudspeakers including a 25cm/400-watt active subwoofer with class D amplifier, two-way centre system and 3D High-End Surround technology for a fascinating, expansive and homogeneous sound. Sophisticated high-end audio components, e.g. special air motion transformer (AMT) tweeters, and a total diaphragm surface area of more than 2,500cm² enable precision playback even at very high sound levels. A wide selection of preset equalisers ensures a first-class audio experience, while a sound conditioner based on microphone technology adapts the sound sensitively and in real time to the driving situation. What's more, the Sound Enhancer delivers improved audio quality and dynamics for compressed file formats such as MP3.
Note: reduced luggage compartment volume due to subwoofer underneath the rear luggage compartment floor.

Last edited:

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
There is a good explanation of the Bose and Burmester here Porsche have never really given out details of what the standard systems are and I feel it is they dont want any one to go with it.. Bose seems to be "standard fit" and any car without it will potentially suffer at trade in
As far as i can tell...the basic systems consists of a three way speaker setup in the frontdoors (indentical placements as Bose system), and a two way setup in the rear doors. In other words...no center speaker, no rear fill speakers and no subwoofer.

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
As far as i can tell...the basic systems consists of a three way speaker setup in the frontdoors (indentical placements as Bose system), and a two way setup in the rear doors. In other words...no center speaker, no rear fill speakers and no subwoofer.
I think this is close for stock base system but not 3way in front doors.
I believe front tweeters are in the dash corners.
The front doors have mid and mid bass drivers.
The rear doors have mid/tweet and mid bass drivers.
No center, no rear deck, no subwoofer.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
I was considering the base system for a little bit as my previous Audi had a standard 10 speaker 150 watt system in it. Of course not totally apples to apples even if both in the VW group, however my Audi system was OK to moderate volumes. One quick listen to the Bose system in the dealer’s demo Taycan and there was no way I wasn’t checking the box for the upgraded system.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
There will be no sub woofer.

Budget permitting, the Bose upgrade is worth it (adds a sub).
100% worth it. I've experienced all 3 systems and the base is terrible, especially if you care about music. Minimum BOSE no question.

TDA

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 2019 BMW X5, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I have had my Taycan now for 1 Month. Have not used it That often, because of weather in denmark, but i am very disappointed in the Bose. I hope it will change after burn in of the speakers. All my previous cars I have had to drive around 3-4 months time before the speakers soften up. Right now it is really flat and boring. And there is no tweeter in the door panel. I really miss this.
I regret not going for Burmester.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
The exact spec is a bit academic. Probably best to go and listen to a base one and the Bose and see if it is worth the extra £1k to you. I am sure your dealer will be able to accommodate this request

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Bose has a poor image in the Audiophile community and Burmester a good one.

I listen to a hifi system at home which cost far more than the Taycan and have always been very disappointed by a car as a listening environment - too small and noisy - so am reluctant to pay much for the car system since experience tells me it will be off a lot of the time.

There is no way I would pay for the Burmester in a car. Price wise the Bose is OK but, with the exception of their noise cancelling headphones their reputation for sound quality is low.

I have it selected for now, but am not sure if it will be value for me. :( but it is the natural compromise.

TDA

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 2019 BMW X5, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag

I listen to a hifi system at home which cost far more than the Taycan and have always been very disappointed by a car as a listening environment - too small and noisy - so am reluctant to pay much for the car system since experience tells me it will be off a lot of the time.

There is no way I would pay for the Burmester in a car. Price wise the Bose is OK but, with the exception of their noise cancelling headphones their reputation for sound quality is low.

I have it selected for now, but am not sure if it will be value for me. :( but it is the natural compromise.
I know what you mean. I am also an audiophile and my preferred listening environment is in my home. But since i am in the car for an hour a day, and have small children at home, I actually have the best time for listening in the car. So i want to have a decent system in my car. In my X5 the harman kardon sounds way better that the Bose, and price is same

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

Interesting since all their marketing focuses on how good they are supposed to sound and why the price is justified. That’s marketing for you. It does sound better than the base system though
Sponsored