Did you buy your Taycan primarily.....

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
A.
Been looking at EVs for a long while and was going to get a Tesla, but the build quality and service issues worried me. Then I test drove the Taycan and was hooked.
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
A - never thought I would be a Porsche person. Wanted to get an EV and considered Tesla, Audi, etc. Loved the look of the Taycan the most and it came out before the Audi. Not an anti-Tesla person, but just see too many of them on the road. I also fell in love with the Mission-E concept.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
It depends on your circumstance, I own a business so have leased the car (would normally buy on HP) to take advantage of: 1) salary sacrifice 13% NI saving 2) 50% VAT saving 3) offset the payments against business profits saving 19%. With the low BIK rate on the car there is very little personal tax, plus all charging at work is BIK free.
BIK is definitely a good reason, same here.
Are there any other savings to be had?
BIK is definitely a good reason, same here.
Are there any other savings to be had?

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
It depends on your circumstance, I own a business so have leased the car (would normally buy on HP) to take advantage of: 1) salary sacrifice 13% NI saving 2) 50% VAT saving 3) offset the payments against business profits saving 19%. With the low BIK rate on the car there is very little personal tax, plus all charging at work is BIK free.
Thanks Boss Hogg.
Same for me, I'm still not sure if I'm leasing or buying out right yet, I asked my accountant about the VAT and he said I can't get any back on a car purchase, I did wonder if that was right or not as it's a business purchase.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The 4S is my first EV, although I was always getting one the moment I set eyes on a Mission E photo at the Porsche track - Silverstone. Around 2014. . . . .

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Wanted Porsche for while...

Saw TAYCAN and liked idea of EV Porsche and thought it looked sexy...

Kept Looking at every few months...

Went with wife to dealership...Told her I wasn't going to buy anything just look...

Left 2 hours later having ordered a 2022 TAYCAN that allotment opened up from someone cancelling for delivery in Nov/Dec 2021...
AND
also saw a gorgeous 911 in their showroom and because I am impatient I wanted something to drive during next few months...

got home few days later realized I wanted TURBO S and didn't want to wait for 2022 so found new 2021 Turbo S @ Grapevine dealer in Texas, ordered that day, wired next day and had delivery 4 days later...Cancelled 2022...and Kept 911...

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Thanks Boss Hogg.
Same for me, I'm still not sure if I'm leasing or buying out right yet, I asked my accountant about the VAT and he said I can't get any back on a car purchase, I did wonder if that was right or not as it's a business purchase.
Your accountant is correct if the business owns the car. 50% VAT back is on the lease payments only (assuming you do some business mileage). You can structure as I outlined above, or, buy the car outright (or via HP/PCP) and your business can claim 100% WDA against profits in year 1, but the business will need to pay back some of the tax saving from the year 1 100% WDA via a balancing charge when the car is sold. For me the lease and salary sacrifice option worked out best. With the lease Porsche take all the risk on future value of the car too. The maintenance and tyres package through the lease was £2,700 (3 years, 54k miles), good value I thought for 2 'services' (whatever that will entail!), a brake fluid change and all tyres -which could be a few sets in this car!

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
.......because :

A. You were looking for a new Electric car and found the Taycan?

B. You were looking for a new Porsche and found the Taycan?

C. Both

D. Neither.... or I can't remember....or I don't understand the question.

Maybe should do a poll, but just for general interest.
Possibly A but not quite that simple. I wasn't even looking for a new car. Went for a test drive in the Taycan and fell in love with it. I wasn't planning on a purchase so soon but couldn't help myself after the test drive. After owning the Tesla, I would never plan on going back to an ICE car

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Neither? I fell in love with the Taycan due to its looks. I have always been intrigued with the idea of getting a 911 one day, but couldn't really fit it into my life at this point. The Taycan is the first 4 door from Porsche that, for me, captures the essence of Porsche design in a 4 door vehicle. In fact, I think it is the best looking 4 door vehicle available on sale today. I used to be a BMW fan (back in the days of the e46) but haven't been inspired by any of their cars since then (and now they are just downright hideous). I had been mulling over an Audi S5 or RS5 for quite a while but just couldn't quite get excited about it due to the uninspriing turbocharged engines and overboosted steering. When I drove a Taycan and felt the sublime ride quality combined with Porsche handling I was even more sold. As an added bonus, it also has much lower running costs than ICE Porches, which helps me justify spending 100k on one. And no I'm not really considering any other electric cars.

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350, Taycan CT4 Mamba green
Country flag
Some of the above: looking for an electric "Station Wagon"-ish" with some punch and great flair.
Found new love with Taycan Cross Turismo, especially in Mamba Green

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was going to buy another Porsche of some sort. I was interested in the the Taycan from the Mission-E reveal, but had the Taycan been not as good or delayed a lot I would've purchased a manual 992.

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
i was looking at a 992 carrera s as my daily. My dream car has always been a 911. After that test drive the salesman said you need to go take this taycan turbo out for a drive. I really wasnt looking at an electric car. But when i saw it in person it is beautiful. I drove it and i couldnt get over the instant torque at any speed. It was quiet in the cabin and the ride quality in normal mode was fantastic. If you want to dial it in change the drive mode setting to sport/sport plus. I was sold. So i had a turbo allocation for 21 that was loaded. After discussion with sales rep, he made some calls and was able to find a dealer who would swap out my turbo allocation for a turbo s allocation. Its simply the best daily driver car i have had. I smile every time i walk up to the car to drive it. IMO its the best looking 4 door sedan on the road today. The problem i have is driving at a reasonable speed. Its damn near impossible.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
B. Went shopping for a 911 but drove a Taycan as well. Loved it and ordered. Will probably never get a 911 now - but that isn’t the end of the world when I have a Taycan coming!

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
A - never thought I would be a Porsche person. Wanted to get an EV and considered Tesla, Audi, etc. Loved the look of the Taycan the most and it came out before the Audi. Not an anti-Tesla person, but just see too many of them on the road. I also fell in love with the Mission-E concept.
+1 for me also. Too many Teslas around and I wanted something more interesting.
Sponsored