First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
here is a 16 kW Tesla destination charger in Florida

https://www.plugshare.com/location/101869 - it's just one of many - it took me less than 2 min to find this via plug-share - they are out there and there a quite few high amp Tesla Destination chargers.

rated at 16 kW - that's a 90 amp breaker w/72 amp charge rate - plugging your Taycan into that charger _WILL_ result in your Taycan charging at 11 kW (48 amps).
Sponsored

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
I got the 60 amp TeslaTap and doesn't work on the drivers side, works great on the passenger side. ON the driver side it doesn't go fully in and latches. Need to go test that side on a charger to make sure the issue is not the car...

OP
OP
kreshi

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank you guys for sharing!
I am definitely getting one. It's a little difficult for me to find anything in europe though.
I'll keep looking.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you don’t need one in europe - these are for US market’s only - it converts Tesla’s proprietary connection the the North American J-1772 standard.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Alemany mine works on both sides - there should be no difference on which side it works on.

OP
OP
kreshi

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ohhh :D
Silly me. Thank you for the clarification.?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Can you guys link the "Teslatap" you bought or link examples? I'm fairly new to the charging/adapter using. Thanks!
Hi, are you in Switzerland??
It looks like so on your name etc.
You do not need any adapter in Europe to charge your Taycan with a Tesla destination chargers. They are all Mennekes Type 2 connector so plug in at any of these. Same on all the public AC chargers at supermarkets etc. So no need to search for any of this in Europe!

we are lucky in Europe that we have much more modern standards regarding chargers and also electric connections. We have the CEE commando sockets for anything above 13 amps. Not like in the US with all of their 6-50, 14- 60. 20-xx etc.
We are really lucky in that case. There are of course some different standards for household plugs in different countries.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I see you're right - two in Killarney – the town I grew up in! Definitely going to use them on a visit home – after lockdown ended.
Nice!

Do you know what kW charge they provide?

I was in Killarney staying in a cottage by the lake self isolating for 2 weeks after returning from living in Dubai in late March and prior to realising I'd end up owning a Taycan.

OP
OP
kreshi

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi, are you in Switzerland??
It looks like so on your name etc.
You do not need any adapter in Europe to charge your Taycan with a Tesla destination chargers. They are all Mennekes Type 2 connector so plug in at any of these. Same on all the public AC chargers at supermarkets etc. So no need to search for any of this in Europe!

we are lucky in Europe that we have much more modern standards regarding chargers and also electric connections. We have the CEE commando sockets for anything above 13 amps. Not like in the US with all of their 6-50, 14- 60. 20-xx etc.
We are really lucky in that case. There are of course some different standards for household plugs in different countries.
Hey Scandinavian!
Yes I live in Switzerland and didn't know in the beginning of this thread that the Teslatap topic was only for NA owners ?

In general, how is you guys' experience with the Tesla destination chargers? How do you pay/get charged for them, or do hotels and places not care and it is also free for other vehicles?

Thanks!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey Scandinavian!
Yes I live in Switzerland and didn't know in the beginning of this thread that the Teslatap topic was only for NA owners ?
you're correct it wasn't noted, people in the US tend to forget that on forums like this one there are many participants from all around the world.
to clarify the teslatap unit is for US taycans to charge at US tesla destination chargers

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hey Scandinavian!

In general, how is you guys' experience with the Tesla destination chargers? How do you pay/get charged for them, or do hotels and places not care and it is also free for other vehicles?

Thanks!
My experience has been at some restaurants, a golf club and hotel. I asked them at reservation time and all was fine, no charge, part of the service. A few hours charge gave about 30 kWh at a restaurant and coffee shop. The ones I tried were fine for all cars, but there are some that seem reserved for Tesla owners and can be set to only handshake with Tesla’s. They have all provided about 11 kW when I tried. There are also other chargers in some places like parking garages. And then overnight charging is included in the normal parking fee! Quite useful

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Nice!

Do you know what kW charge they provide?

I was in Killarney staying in a cottage by the lake self isolating for 2 weeks after returning from living in Dubai in late March and prior to realising I'd end up owning a Taycan.
Seems to be regular 11kWH - both hotels showed the same rate:

Porsche Taycan Did you know? Porsche Destination Charging Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 13.43.21

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
@Alemany mine works on both sides - there should be no difference on which side it works on.
Interesting. I took the adapter to the dealer and tried it on the driver side on a few cars and it wouldn't latch, so I assumed there was a difference between sides. Maybe my adapter is not right.... tho it works perfectly on the passenger side.