Did you place your order in December or early January?

obxckw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm trying to gauge how backed up my order is. I placed my 4S order in late December and am told it'll go into production in May. I'm new to all this, so am curious if any of you have placed an order in the same general timeframe and if so, what are you being told about production and delivery dates?

I'm 'guessing' if I'm getting a May production, I likely won't receive it until July at best (assuming no stop orders). Thoughts?
Sponsored

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I'm trying to gauge how backed up my order is. I placed my 4S order in late December and am told it'll go into production in May. I'm new to all this, so am curious if any of you have placed an order in the same general timeframe and if so, what are you being told about production and delivery dates?

I'm 'guessing' if I'm getting a May production, I likely won't receive it until July at best (assuming no stop orders). Thoughts?
Do you have a Commission number? If so May production should be July at the Dealer if there are no delays. Your Dealer should have given you a printout of the various stages and dates associated with those stages. He had that info on the day you got your Commission number. Without a Commission number you don’t have a real time table or a Car On order. Five people could have ordered their cars on the same day as you and have five different production days. The production date is a function of when the Dealer had an allocation. Hope this is clear. There is a lot of info about this on the Forum.

lparrish3511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet (ordered 2022 Taycan 4S)
Country flag
For whatever it's worth, I initially placed an order in late Oct, and it was scheduled to arrive in early Jan. However, I think this was a unique situation where it was one of the first allocations, and my "change freeze" date somehow happened immediately (as in, the same day I placed the order, even though the dealership told me I could have a week to review the build). So when I wanted to make some changes to it, they had to place a new order & put me on the next allocation - new order was placed on Nov 18, and it had a delivery date of Apr 1. Subsequently made an adjustment to the build, and now the delivery is slated for Apr 15. Hope this helps as a reference...

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
I got my commission number early January with an estimated delivery to dealer late May. This is for a GTS.

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got my commission number early January with an estimated delivery to dealer late May. This is for a GTS.
What's your freeze date? I was given end of Feb freeze mid June delivery, just gauging timelines. Also doing PEC delivery in LA which may shorten the delivery time who knows.
Where did you order from in the Bay Area? I ended up going out of state as everyone around here that I called either had a long ass wait list or they wanted 15+K over ask which just doesn't sit well with me.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
What's your freeze date? I was given end of Feb freeze mid June delivery, just gauging timelines. Also doing PEC delivery in LA which may shorten the delivery time who knows.
Where did you order from in the Bay Area? I ended up going out of state as everyone around here that I called either had a long ass wait list or they wanted 15+K over ask which just doesn't sit well with me.
Reading this forum, it is easy to form a dim view of the Porsche dealership network in the USA. The idea of charging someone $15k over recommended price in order to get an allocation is a quintessential example of a brand-damaging 'bad profit'. Then there are the many examples on this forum of dud dealers who don't know enough about the car to deliver it properly or to diagnose it properly. Why does PCNA tolerate this? Surely these dealers have sub-zero NPS.

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Reading this forum, it is easy to form a dim view of the Porsche dealership network in the USA. The idea of charging someone $15k over recommended price in order to get an allocation is a quintessential example of a brand-damaging 'bad profit'. Then there are the many examples on this forum of dud dealers who don't know enough about the car to deliver it properly or to diagnose it properly. Why does PCNA tolerate this? Surely these dealers have sub-zero NPS.
Sadly they are in areas with a lot of net worth and people ok spending the money. Fun fact I went to Audi to browse the RS GT E-tron they had in the show room. I laughed in the sales guys face when I saw they wanted FIFTY, 5-0 over MSRP. I could not stop laughing as I walked out of there so fast.

kewina12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered my 4S last week of Dec, freeze date Feb 1, production in Feb, delivery mid-April according to TYD and the dealer.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
My freeze date is late March. I had the same experience locally, ended up getting an allocation out of state. I'm also doing PECLA. The west coast ports are a shit show so who knows about delivery. My SA also advised me that PECLA is having its own issues and that if their delay is getting too long he could have the car delivered to another LA dealer. Of course you miss out on the experience but at least you'll have the car.

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My freeze date is late March. I had the same experience locally, ended up getting an allocation out of state. I'm also doing PECLA. The west coast ports are a shit show so who knows about delivery. My SA also advised me that PECLA is having its own issues and that if their delay is getting too long he could have the car delivered to another LA dealer. Of course you miss out on the experience but at least you'll have the car.
Thanks for the info, will keep tune of things with my SA. Since I just got the allocation Monday (out of nowhere) I am still wrapping my head around everything.
Curious how your freeze is late March with a May delivery when my SA told me late Feb with a June delivery. Maybe he's factoring in port delays and PECLA's challenges? I'll see what he says.
Thanks again

OP
OP
obxckw

obxckw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My salesperson said that they are holding a build allocation for me but there is no commission number assigned which, to me, means it's being held.

He said once a dealer converts it to an order, a build date is then assigned and Porsche will prioritize it and assign a production date. But, due to the LED/PDLS+ headlight stop order issue, they are not converting it to an order as they would not be allowed to place it w/ that configuration. He thinks that w/in the next 2-3 months, it should be resolved and at that time, the clock can start. He did say there's a chance things could improve before then but who knows

I'm new to all this so is that right or should I be shopping elsewhere?

Last edited:

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
?‍♂ I'm going off TYD estimates which match my SA's internal info.

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My salesperson said that they are holding a build allocation for me but there is no commission number assigned which, to me, means it's being held.

He said once a dealer converts it to an order, a build date is then assigned and Porsche will prioritize it and assign a production date. But, due to the LED/PDLS+ headlight stop order issue, they are not converting it to an order as they would not be allowed to place it w/ that configuration. He thinks that w/in the next 2-3 months, it should be resolved and at that time, the clock can start. He did say there's a chance things could improve before then but who knows

I'm new to all this so is that right or should I be shopping elsewhere?
I have not heard of this stop order. If this specific to certain models? I ordered a GTS and haven't been informed of any stops...

OP
OP
obxckw

obxckw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have not heard of this stop order. If this specific to certain models? I ordered a GTS and haven't been informed of any stops...
I figured it out- yes, as of yesterday at least, the PDLS+ option is not available but there's hope it'll get fixed soon. For me, that meant my SA waited on my order but once we talked about going w/o PDLS+ the order is now in and if I'm lucky, I'll have it in late June. If the PDLS+ options becomes available again before my lock date then I can add it back (not sure I want it yet).

dmayorgajr

First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I figured it out- yes, as of yesterday at least, the PDLS+ option is not available but there's hope it'll get fixed soon. For me, that meant my SA waited on my order but once we talked about going w/o PDLS+ the order is now in and if I'm lucky, I'll have it in late June. If the PDLS+ options becomes available again before my lock date then I can add it back (not sure I want it yet).
Ok but the GTS has PDLS+ standard no? So I wonder if that’s why I haven’t heard of this.
Sponsored