Did you post your car on your social media when it arrived?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Nothing on social; posted on this forum as people here appreciate sharing.

Sent a few pictures to friends that are also car nuts who were nearly as excited about my most recent delivery as I was and had been part of my journey that started in March 21….
Sponsored

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No use for social media at all. Just sent a few pix and vid of my PEC delivery to a few friends who knew I was buying it. BUT, I DID feel like king sxxt on the drive back home ! ;)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
No, I stay off social media. As a software engineer I know all too well the horrible trade offs from using these services and I hope that some day everyone else care as well.

I did send some pictures of it to people who knew I was taking delivery that day.
Same. I DO NOT support any lying deceptive America-hating social media platforms. Everyone should boycott them yesterday!

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Same. I DO NOT support any lying deceptive America-hating social media platforms. Everyone should boycott them yesterday!
Uh, what? I was referring to privacy issues, integrity and information security. Together with the fact that US govt now can pretty much ask for what ever data they like from any US based company.

I don’t do politics. Not here at least.

Reactions: B61

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
I haven't received my car yet but I won't be posting it anywhere. I don't have any social media accounts. The whole "hey look at me" thing is a little douchey to me but maybe that's just my personality, to each their own. My family and good friends will know and that's about it.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
no.
No social media, other than a professional app. Never had Facebook. I got gmail back when you had to get an invite from another user (that should have given me the insight that they were developing an advertising/influence rating) and wish I paid for a private email and only accessed it via VPN every time I logged in to avoid geotagging. No other social media and wish I could opt out of all iPhone cloud services and only store on the local device (but those days are gone) and realize that even without a Facebook account, I am sure they have a 'shadow account' for my behaviors. I also wish I could only pay for things in cash or disposable pre-paid cards, but even those you now have to sign up your information for.
Don't give me the argument of 'if you don't do anything wrong, why worry'. It has nothing to do with doing things wrong, it has to do with being in control of my life and my information and data. Between POS transactions, background analytics on the iPhone and apps that you now 'need' to function in society; it is becoming harder and harder to have a 'private life', but I will keep trying as much as possible for the day when some whack-job gets into power and convinces the population that it is in the best interest to track your every move and ask for 'your papers' when you leave your house and it becomes a turn-key totalitarian society, overnight and is masked as the 'public good' or some crisis is used to implement made up 'emergency powers' - which has no, or ambiguous definitions (oh, wait is this happening with vaccine papers as a trojan horse?????? - yes, I am vaxed and boosted, it is NOT about that).
So, count me out on social media postings and I long for the day that you have to put in a quarter and call me on my land-line and leave a message if I am out. As well as the ability to go to the store and purchase my grandmother a package of Depends-undergarments without the fear that I will be labeled as an incontinent cross-dresser (not saying that there is anything wrong with this, other than it is not reflective of who I am) and start getting sent adds for "women's hygiene products sent discretely to your home! - click here".....so much for discretion and privacy! :crying:

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
While I have social media accounts, I rarely post anything on them. Some pictures of my Tattoos on Instagram when I was getting them, but nothing since. I'm not sure I've ever made a post to Facebook although I do have an account. I use FB mostly to keep track of what my relatives are doing, those I haven't unfriended that is :CWL:

Doubt I'll post any pictures of my car when it arrives. Probably just drive around and show it off that way.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
no.
No social media, other than a professional app. Never had Facebook. I got gmail back when you had to get an invite from another user (that should have given me the insight that they were developing an advertising/influence rating) and wish I paid for a private email and only accessed it via VPN every time I logged in to avoid geotagging. No other social media and wish I could opt out of all iPhone cloud services and only store on the local device (but those days are gone) and realize that even without a Facebook account, I am sure they have a 'shadow account' for my behaviors. I also wish I could only pay for things in cash or disposable pre-paid cards, but even those you now have to sign up your information for.
Don't give me the argument of 'if you don't do anything wrong, why worry'. It has nothing to do with doing things wrong, it has to do with being in control of my life and my information and data. Between POS transactions, background analytics on the iPhone and apps that you now 'need' to function in society; it is becoming harder and harder to have a 'private life', but I will keep trying as much as possible for the day when some whack-job gets into power and convinces the population that it is in the best interest to track your every move and ask for 'your papers' when you leave your house and it becomes a turn-key totalitarian society, overnight and is masked as the 'public good' or some crisis is used to implement made up 'emergency powers' - which has no, or ambiguous definitions (oh, wait is this happening with vaccine papers as a trojan horse?????? - yes, I am vaxed and boosted, it is NOT about that).
So, count me out on social media postings and I long for the day that you have to put in a quarter and call me on my land-line and leave a message if I am out. As well as the ability to go to the store and purchase my grandmother a package of Depends-undergarments without the fear that I will be labeled as an incontinent cross-dresser (not saying that there is anything wrong with this, other than it is not reflective of who I am) and start getting sent adds for "women's hygiene products sent discretely to your home! - click here".....so much for discretion and privacy! :crying:
Agree 100% with your post. Just remember: If the product is free, e.g. G Mail, Facebook, etc., then you are the product. Last I checked, The Taycan Forum was a free product which leads me to believe that we (as in our data) are indeed the product. Face it, we are all part of the data-raped generation. Thank you Silicon Valley.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
as much as I’d love to post some photos of my Taycan Turbo S when it arrives, I just don’t think there’s a subtle way to say ‘hey, I’ve just taken delivery of this awesome car!’
For this exact reason, I don't post about my car on Facebook; only shared photos/thoughts in select group chats, Taycan FB group and these forums.

A few too many times (when I've posted my previous fancy cars) I've had friends remark how little they earn or how hard their life is, and that they'll never be able to afford such a car.

While there's no personal attack there, they aren't exactly doing themselves any favours so cars like these are best shared where they can have a mutual and/or positive impact.
Sponsored