Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Has anybody in the UK had a fix for the “dipped beam converted “ fault display when the car in turned on? I’ve had this fault display for 5 months now without any resolution from Porsche. I was hoping somebody - with the same problem - has had it fixed? I would then have some additional information to try and get the it resolved. . . .
Sponsored

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That message flashes up on my car but wasn’t sure that it was an issue....

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
That message flashes up on my car but wasn’t sure that it was an issue....
It’s only an issue because I don’t want a warning every time I start the car!

I do have some feedback: “some hardware - I’m assuming the clever lights - are without the correct serial numbers!”, according to Porsche Germany And my car will be going in in a couple of weeks for rectification. My take on this is the light clusters think they are in a right-hand-drive country, not the UK!

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
OK so i have the same message every time I turn the car on and just assumed it was a normal message. Headlights all seem to work fine. So this is a recognised fault that needs addressing then?

I also had numerous faults display this morning based around windscreen camera not working, emergency brake and lane assist not working and some other fault about headlights I had not seen before. I put it down to cold weather and ice on the windscreen camera as after a while the errors cleared :oops:

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
OK so i have the same message every time I turn the car on and just assumed it was a normal message. Headlights all seem to work fine. So this is a recognised fault that needs addressing then?

I also had numerous faults display this morning based around windscreen camera not working, emergency brake and lane assist not working and some other fault about headlights I had not seen before. I put it down to cold weather and ice on the windscreen camera as after a while the errors cleared :oops:
The only reason I can think that we see this message in the UK is a car showing this fault (I expect it only affects early adopters) is due to the cleaver light units not having internal firmware set for UK operation. If the lights think they are based in a right hand drive country (say Germany) when they get the command to cast left for dipped beam they will generate a warning message.

I bet if a car is driven from - say - Germany to the UK and started it would display the same warning, just to let the driver know the lights have cast the other way because of the location.

I hope that helps? Speculation only as nobody at Porsche has supplied an explanation yet!!

regarding your other faults, almost certainly due to ice/dew on front sensors. Give the area on front screen a wipe in front of rear view mirror, that should help. . . .

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
The only reason I can think that we see this message in the UK is a car showing this fault (I expect it only affects early adopters) is due to the cleaver light units not having internal firmware set for UK operation. If the lights think they are based in a right hand drive country (say Germany) when they get the command to cast left for dipped beam they will generate a warning message.

I bet if a car is driven from - say - Germany to the UK and started it would display the same warning, just to let the driver know the lights have cast the other way because of the location.

I hope that helps? Speculation only as nobody at Porsche has supplied an explanation yet!!

regarding your other faults, almost certainly due to ice/dew on front sensors. Give the area on front screen a wipe in front of rear view mirror, that should help. . . .
Would seem plausible regarding the dipped beam message.

Regarding the other issues, they have not raised their head again but not had an early morning frost since so pretty certain it was due to that.

Thanks for your reply

Deleted member 2250

That's a bit annoying.
Surely you can customise this? My range rover has this and you can select what side of the road you are driving to allow for driving in multiple countries who drive on the left or right??

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
I don't even notice it any more. Too many other faults popping up to take my focus away :)
Are you sure it's not 'normal' ?

JonNic

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mini John Cooper Works
Country flag
Would seem plausible regarding the dipped beam message.

Regarding the other issues, they have not raised their head again but not had an early morning frost since so pretty certain it was due to that.

Thanks for your reply
I’m getting those other error messages on a regular basis. The most frequent is an auto lights fault message. Not what you want when it’s dark and the full beam has a mind of its own.

Got to get it in to Porsche to get it sorted but keeps falling down the to do list!

Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Hi
I’m in the uk taycan turbo and I can advise I have not seen a dipped beam fault
Had taycan since july
Hope this helps

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

I had the same the other day but you're right it was down to the cold weather
Sponsored