tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I am in the same boat as some of you, and would appreciate advice.
With the car being leased by a company, but registering myself as the keeper (v5c), does this make business car insurance on the car cheaper, or allow you to get personal car insurance on a company car?
Thanks for any help.
Buy for cash in one's own name or company name to get the best insurance deal, either way, is it more beneficial to have the car bought by the company to claim a benefit of tax or just keep it to a private purchase as a Joe Blogs set up? Please send advice. Thanks all.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
In the end I went down the same route as you did with a cash purchase. I was 50/50 between cash and HP however their group policy wouldn’t allow me as the registered keeper. I had several calls and in the end they agreed if I went cash they would allow it. With the £500-£600 increase in insurance it made my mind up to just go down the cash purchase route.
If you have the cash and don't need it for genuine investment opportunities, it is silly to finance.

The era of cheap money is over.

There is now a premium to borrow money and over a 2 or 4 year term, on a Taycan, you are overpaying MSRP by 7-8% every year for as long as the deal runs.

Why dealers are so desperate to get customers on finance! Juicy commissions as well.

You did the right thing. I too am paying cash for my GTS ST as a company car purchase. That will be an amusing day to see £120k leave my account. However, it will likely be the "cheapest" way to buy the car.

I didn't know financing increases insurance premiums. That too swings it to cash purchase.