Director as registered keeper rather than the limited company

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Yep all sorted, invoice in Company name, myself as registered keeper and car is brilliant :) .
I am having this same issue here with the porch dealer. They are refusing to put me as the registered keeper and I even referred them to this thread. They are stating because it is finance, the finance company need the owner to be the registered keeper therefore that they cannot do it.

OP
OP
exav8tor

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I am having this same issue here with the porch dealer. They are refusing to put me as the registered keeper and I even referred them to this thread. They are stating because it is finance, the finance company need the owner to be the registered keeper therefore that they cannot do it.
Sorry to hear your having a challenge also. Mine was a cash purchase and so it was just down to the group policy.

It is probably worth a call to the finance company to get their view on it as it did make a difference to the insurance quotes.

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Sorry to hear your having a challenge also. Mine was a cash purchase and so it was just down to the group policy.

It is probably worth a call to the finance company to get their view on it as it did make a difference to the insurance quotes.
In the end I went down the same route as you did with a cash purchase. I was 50/50 between cash and HP however their group policy wouldn’t allow me as the registered keeper. I had several calls and in the end they agreed if I went cash they would allow it. With the £500-£600 increase in insurance it made my mind up to just go down the cash purchase route.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Are you also registering it to your home or company address?

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Are you also registering it to your home or company address?
The log book is registered to the company address but I will change that to the home address as they where refusing to change the address. I believe changing address won’t make any difference to number of owners for the vehicle so I can do that afterwards.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
The log book is registered to the company address but I will change that to the home address as they where refusing to change the address. I believe changing address won’t make any difference to number of owners for the vehicle so I can do that afterwards.
thanks, I’ve told them to register it to home address.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Just to add the dealer just set my name / address as the registered keeper, not the business, without issue.

The business is clearly still the owner, and this is nothing to do with the V5.

OP
OP
exav8tor

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
It is a little frustrating that the different dealer groups appear to have different policies regarding the V5 but glad you have got it sorted.

When do you get to collect the car?

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
It is a little frustrating that the different dealer groups appear to have different policies regarding the V5 but glad you have got it sorted.

When do you get to collect the car?
Collecting the car first thing tommorow morning, looking forwards to driving the Turbo home. Will be a nice 2 hour drive!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Collecting the car first thing tommorow morning, looking forwards to driving the Turbo home. Will be a nice 2 hour drive!
youll enjoy the journey mate i had a 400 mile drive home from the dealership when i collected mine

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
exav8tor said:
Yep all sorted, invoice in Company name, myself as registered keeper and car is brilliant :) .

No issue with Reading Porsche.
Finance in company name at company address; me as registered keeper at home address. Not even a question from the dealer. Using Porsche finance, but don’t suppose that makes a lot of difference.

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
I am in the same boat as some of you, and would appreciate advice.
With the car being leased by a company, but registering myself as the keeper (v5c), does this make business car insurance on the car cheaper, or allow you to get personal car insurance on a company car?
Thanks for any help.
Sponsored