Disaster! Spec missing the one thing I wanted. ????

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I recall reading an article that talked aobut how they created the electric sport sound. Apparently, it's based on recordings of Taycan's electric motors but turned up with certain frequencies enhanced. So.. atleast its not completely fake.
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I heard it in a test drive but the car I choose from inventory does not have it. Do I miss it. That would b NO!

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
So, get my 4S CT min Oct
Can’t wait.
…… but to my horror I only noticed yesterday that I haven’t spec’d sport sound. Big error.
……this is a disaster for me. It was the one thing I wanted more than any other. ?

I know I can have it retro fitted by Porsche for the good value sum of around £1,700. Which seems highly unpalatable

are there any other providers who do this kind of thing? Any suggestions.?

thanks guys
Rob

Easily obtained at suncoastparts.com. A lot of other fun factory add ons for Taycan on there as well. I’m ordering the sport side skirts from them.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The installation of the overall Porsche Sport Sound isn't insignificant based upon the service guide I read through yesterday. I was thinking about doing my own retrofit since I have a lot of experience. After reviewing the service manual though, I think I'd take a pass on doing it myself, which is rare. I can understand why the dealer specs 7 to 11 hours for the project. Here's the service manual for the retrofit with step by step guide.

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.c...ns/9J1_Electric_Sport_Sound_Install_Instr.pdf

Reactions: B61

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
So, get my 4S CT min Oct
Can’t wait.
…… but to my horror I only noticed yesterday that I haven’t spec’d sport sound. Big error.
……this is a disaster for me. It was the one thing I wanted more than any other. ?

I know I can have it retro fitted by Porsche for the good value sum of around £1,700. Which seems highly unpalatable

are there any other providers who do this kind of thing? Any suggestions.?

thanks guys
Rob
Once you drive your silent road worrier, you'll have forgotten this option even exists. The only one remembers it, is my 7 year old son. :rolleyes:

Cv009900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Vouching for everyone else. I have it on my car and for the first few weeks it was cool and now it’s just meh and don’t really care for the sound anymore. I miss the sound of a engine :(

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also optioned it, turned it off after 5 minutes and haven't had it on since.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
The installation of the overall Porsche Sport Sound isn't insignificant based upon the service guide I read through yesterday. I was thinking about doing my own retrofit since I have a lot of experience. After reviewing the service manual though, I think I'd take a pass on doing it myself, which is rare. I can understand why the dealer specs 7 to 11 hours for the project. Here's the service manual for the retrofit with step by step guide.

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/e980818d5653644701b7291f76d89dad/design/installation instructions/9J1_Electric_Sport_Sound_Install_Instr.pdf
That does look like a bit of a PITA.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It's worth having the dealer do it for warranty coverage in case anything goes wrong.

Reactions: B61

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
FWIW I've gotten a lot of comments and compliments about the sound.

At a Porsche meetup: "I wish my Tesla Model 3 at home did that."
A friend: "It sounds exactly what I'd expect a car from the future to sound like"

etc.
Sponsored