Disaster! Spec missing the one thing I wanted. ????

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
So, get my 4S CT min Oct
Can’t wait.
…… but to my horror I only noticed yesterday that I haven’t spec’d sport sound. Big error.
……this is a disaster for me. It was the one thing I wanted more than any other. ?

I know I can have it retro fitted by Porsche for the good value sum of around £1,700. Which seems highly unpalatable

are there any other providers who do this kind of thing? Any suggestions.?

thanks guys
Rob
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
um honstly - unless you’re being sarcastic - the sports sound will NOT be missed.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
I would miss it, certainly adds a bit of theatre to the driving experience, much needed after years of soulless Tesla driving.
Try Milltek, they have a system for Tesla, not sure if they have one for the Taycan maybe worth and ask.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
So, get my 4S CT min Oct
Can’t wait.
…… but to my horror I only noticed yesterday that I haven’t spec’d sport sound. Big error.
……this is a disaster for me. It was the one thing I wanted more than any other. ?

I know I can have it retro fitted by Porsche for the good value sum of around £1,700. Which seems highly unpalatable

thanks guys
Rob
really? take some free advice from me and I suppose others as well, the advice is to forget about the sounds, many of us never turn it on, it might sound cool at first, it might be like a parlor trick to passengers but the extra noise gets tired real quick. save your money and embrace the quiet.

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
I had a test drive with Sport Sound and turned it off after 10 mins as it was so annoying.
For me, it ruined the quiet cabin and overall experience as it was intrusive.
Only time I can imagine using it is maybe when taking someone for a blast to enhance the experience, but not worth the money just for that (IMO).

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
So, get my 4S CT min Oct
Can’t wait.

thanks guys
Rob
Give the hackers a few years and there will no doubt be gobs of sports sounds, space ship sounds and just about everything else at your disposal. I agree with all the prior posts, however, that the sports sound is ridiculous. (IMO it belongs in a car with a yoke and video games, not a Porsche.) During my very first test drive of the Taycan, after about one minute, I was begging the sales rep to turn that shit off so I could experience the car.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I turned it off after about 1 minute.

Would not have specced it even if it was free, but each to their own. ?
Agreed - I dislike it and would never pay for it. Natural noise of the electric motors and related is plenty.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Same as the other posters here - I thought it sounded pretty neat for about the fist 5 min of the test drive, then I turned it off as it got annoying. I did not spec it on my car.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
IMO, Taycan motor whine is louder than Tesla's and does give some acoustical feedback. This is based on driving about 4-5 models, not owning.

And I agree, the sport sound.....it's fun for 5 minutes then it's annoying. There's more than enough drivetrain noise to tell what's going on. If it was free and included, I'd probably turn it on now and then. But paying for it? No thanks.

I went through this with my old GTi. It has a Soundaktor, which is basically a small speaker without a cone mounted to the firewall (same thing the 718's use by the way). I liked the "growl" the GTI made with it, but it bothered the crap out of me after about 1 day, because I could tell it was ever so slightly off from what the car was really doing. Unplugged it. Driving around for 30 minutes I was like "OMG, the car is so quiet, I need to have more noise!". Plugged it in, drove it a day, disconnected it and left it that way for 3 years. When I traded the car, I plugged it back in and was like "damn, this is freaking annoying, thank goodness I disconnected it".

Moral is, your brain susses out the fake sounds and is annoyed by them quickly. No use crying over it.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Same as the other posters here - I thought it sounded pretty neat for about the fist 5 min of the test drive, then I turned it off as it got annoying. I did not spec it on my car.
When I drove your car (thanks again!) I thought the motors had plenty of "real" noise. No need for any artificial enhancements.