Disaster! Spec missing the one thing I wanted. ????

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag
So, get my 4S CT min Oct
Can’t wait.
…… but to my horror I only noticed yesterday that I haven’t spec’d sport sound. Big error.
……this is a disaster for me. It was the one thing I wanted more than any other. ?

I know I can have it retro fitted by Porsche for the good value sum of around £1,700. Which seems highly unpalatable

are there any other providers who do this kind of thing? Any suggestions.?

thanks guys
Rob
I think it’s obviously a very personal thing but to me the sport sound really improves the overall experience and I use it every day without fail - I would just have it retro fitted - net of the option cost it’s a £1300 error right? Not ideal but not a total disaster either - at least you can fix it when you can!
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I have it on my 4S, hasn't been on in months, and left it off spec for my CT4.

If it's such a huge deal, be thankful it can be retrofitted, but it honestly isn't worth the premium (it isn't even worth the reduced cost if you spec it at the start).

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Your CapsLock failed? :giggle:

Edit: let me explain... I've seen some comments on previous page, written by (didn't remember), with CAPS LOCK on... that's why I asked, and I didn't want to quote original messages.
Looks that author deleted them?

Last edited:

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That does look like a bit of a PITA.
Yeah, I don't really want to get into cutting the insulation in the door panels, and dealing with routing wiring harnesses and then having to go back for rework if there are rattles and issues. It looks entirely manageable, but it definitely looks to be a tedious project that will likely involve rework if something isn't 100%. The other concern I had was the programming/coding at the end, which would require a dealer anyway.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
So, get my 4S CT min Oct
Can’t wait.
…… but to my horror I only noticed yesterday that I haven’t spec’d sport sound. Big error.
……this is a disaster for me. It was the one thing I wanted more than any other. ?

I know I can have it retro fitted by Porsche for the good value sum of around £1,700. Which seems highly unpalatable

are there any other providers who do this kind of thing? Any suggestions.?

thanks guys
Rob
All due respect I cannot think of a bigger waste of money. Fake noise from a car with racing pedigree. Makes no sense to me. However, I am a stockholder in Porsche so please go for it if you disagree with the majority opinion expressed here.

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I used it a couple times when I first got the car. Haven't used it since. Save your shekles for something useful.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Your CapsLock failed? :giggle:

Edit: let me explain... I've seen some comments on previous page, written by (didn't remember), with CAPS LOCK on... that's why I asked, and I didn't want to quote original messages.
Looks that author deleted them?
That was me (red-faced with hand raised). Yes, I had a mishap and caps-lock, among other keypad functionality was affected. I was NOT thinking straight about the disruption of all CAPS to a forum, and posted before the keyboard was fixed (guess I literally couldn't wait hahah). Silly move. Another forum member kindly reminded me it was disruptive to the forum. I removed all my posts from that time period in order to suck a little less. My apologies!

Reactions: B61

mamba

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would miss it, certainly adds a bit of theatre to the driving experience, much needed after years of soulless Tesla driving.
Try Milltek, they have a system for Tesla, not sure if they have one for the Taycan maybe worth and ask.
You could have used the fart sound generator in your Tesla. My kids loved that.

TaycanTurboUK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, i8 going soon
Country flag
I have it on mine, the demo one I drove didn't have it so wasn't sure what it sounded like so thought I would go for it as it might be fun and let people know you were coming when crawling about.

Never switch it on, is a bit annoying, but worse I think I would actually rather run a jay walker over than attract attention by the fake noise, is not pleasant in my opinion.

Jwhmwh875

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carmine Red Taycan 4S & Macan S
Country flag
We use it in neighborhoods and in high traffic people areas . I’ve seen 1 too many jay walkers vs Tesla accidents. If it saves you from one accident it’s well worth it. Dealers have retrofit kits. Try Suncoast.

Reactions: B61

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have it and used it in the beginning. Not important. I like the quiet.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
You could have used the fart sound generator in your Tesla. My kids loved that.
One if the many things about a Tesla that shows it true colours…..being utter shit.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Assume several of you have 911’s and love the sound (I did!). So why the love of quiet in the Taycan… Getting a bit old and grumpy?

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got the sport sound and I turn it on from time to time and enjoy it. I’d enjoy it a lot more if it could activate automatically. Pushing a button interferes with the illusion that it isn’t completely fake. ?

It’s primarily a way to ease the transition for Porsche enthusiasts to the electric world. If you get used to the instant acceleration of electric cars, you come to associate it with silence. The growling and coughing of old fashioned engines comes to sound inefficient and awkward.

ujjtaycan4s

First Name
Ujj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Frankly, I own a 4s, and did not know that this is an option I paid for, and if I had known I would never have opted for it.. I have never turned it on other than the first day, or when I give test rides to young children who love the sound
Sponsored