Joey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLA AMG45
Country flag
Been lurking here for a few months, and was hoping I could tap into the group's knowledge. I placed a reservation for a Tesla Model S Plaid back in January, but as the months pass without hearing anything, I find myself being more drawn to the Taycan, and I will be going for a test drive this weekend. The car I have my eye on is a 2021 Taycan 4S (sticker price is $137k), what kind of discount do I have a shot at getting. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tiredoftesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S100D
Country flag
I ordered one and from two dealers competing got 1.5% off MSRP from one and 2.5% from another. This was at the end of March, and the GM made it clear that they would be much more aggressive on discounts for a car in inventory.

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Been lurking here for a few months, and was hoping I could tap into the group's knowledge. I placed a reservation for a Tesla Model S Plaid back in January, but as the months pass without hearing anything, I find myself being more drawn to the Taycan, and I will be going for a test drive this weekend. The car I have my eye on is a 2021 Taycan S (sticker price is $137k), what kind of discount do I have a shot at getting. Thanks in advance
I was in the same boat as you, canceled the plaid reservation after being fed-up with how Tesla has gone about it and ordered myself a CT-4s.

Based on the sticker price you probably mean a 4s.. I've been hearing here that you can probably get 2-4% off. They wouldn't offer me anything on the Cross Turismo, but I understand that because it's brand new.

Don't forget the porsche qualifys for the $7500 tax credit whereas the tesla's no longer do. Once you add that, the Porsche you're looking at will probably be cheaper than the Tesla.

As an aside, I grew up in Kennett Square (Noticed your location), I wake up some mornings here in South Carolina and can still smell the mushrooms :)

PorscheGG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Macan GTS, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you’re interested in a MY2020, there’s still a few brand new ones kicking around at dealerships. With the update, it’s probably very similar to a 2021. I was going to custom order, but got close to a 20% discount off a new MY2020 Turbo that was pretty close to what I would have spec’ed. With that sort of deal, you’re probably at least keeping up with depreciation if not beating it.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I got 7% plus free shipping on a 2021 in December of 2020 on a loaded 4S.

dweeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan
Country flag
Recently, end of April, I got 3.5% on 2021 RWD demo they had on the lot. It had just over 100 miles on it.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Been lurking here for a few months, and was hoping I could tap into the group's knowledge. I placed a reservation for a Tesla Model S Plaid back in January, but as the months pass without hearing anything, I find myself being more drawn to the Taycan, and I will be going for a test drive this weekend. The car I have my eye on is a 2021 Taycan 4S (sticker price is $137k), what kind of discount do I have a shot at getting. Thanks in advance
FWIW: tesla currently is not building any model S or X vehicles, so give the taycan a good look because your Model S plaid is in the realm of vaporware, one of Elon's promises that never happens.
as for the car you are considering you could try for a 4% to maybe 6% discount, that car is costing the dealership just sitting there. and as mentioned there are many deals on leftover '20s that you could consider.
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/

BB_680

First Name
Bodo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Icegrey Turbo
Country flag
I got 10% on a Turbo (non S), every option ticked.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Discounts are very regional and very time-dependent.. Without pointing out any specific dealers and if mixing custom-orders & off-the-lot, I've seen as high as 10% and as low as 1%. To note, regions with less demand (north east) and earlier this year (and late last year) had bigger discounts. Demand has been ramping up in the last 4-6 weeks. As always - PM me if I can help anyone get a deal. No magic though, I can just loop in some GM's that might be more likely to do discounts (I have a business relationship with 100s of clients/dealers in the auto space).

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
If you’re interested in a MY2020, there’s still a few brand new ones kicking around at dealerships. With the update, it’s probably very similar to a 2021. I was going to custom order, but got close to a 20% discount off a new MY2020 Turbo that was pretty close to what I would have spec’ed. With that sort of deal, you’re probably at least keeping up with depreciation if not beating it.
Did your Turbo have any miles, a demo or a punched car?
That's a great deal

OP
OP

Joey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLA AMG45
Country flag
Really appreciate hearing everyone's experience, thanks for taking the time to respond.

riozilla

First Name
Rio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I picked up a 2020 Taycan 4S in April with less than 2k miles (was a demo) that had warranty punched in Nov 2020. $137k sticker price, got it for $110k and was happy with that deal.
Sponsored