bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Contact Amelen (post #9) as he got me a terrific deal from a NJ dealer on a custom build.
Sponsored

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I picked up a 2020 Taycan 4S in April with less than 2k miles (was a demo) that had warranty punched in Nov 2020. $137k sticker price, got it for $110k and was happy with that deal.
Are you still able to claim the federal tax credit on a demo?

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
At least as far as Canada goes, this thread is not encouraging on resale values for Taycans.

Eaosdad

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Ordered my Rwd with $28000 options on March and get 4.5% off msrp. Should pick up the end of July

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
Ordered my Rwd with $28000 options on March and get 4.5% off msrp. Should pick up the end of July
which dealership was this? Thank you

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I was able to get roughly 3.5% off on a 2021 4s a month ago. Located in the Mid-West. The dealers up here have maybe a half dozen new cars total at a time so I figured it was a good deal and went for it.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Been lurking here for a few months, and was hoping I could tap into the group's knowledge. I placed a reservation for a Tesla Model S Plaid back in January, but as the months pass without hearing anything, I find myself being more drawn to the Taycan, and I will be going for a test drive this weekend. The car I have my eye on is a 2021 Taycan 4S (sticker price is $137k), what kind of discount do I have a shot at getting. Thanks in advance
A few purchasing tips from a fellow EV/taycan guy: (1) Let the rep know as soon as you sit down at his desk to go over your configuration that the $7,500 Federal Tax credit is your money, he can't touch it, and you demand the same discount off MSRP that his dealership is offering on ICE Porsches (which is really easy to determine by googling customer reviews for that particular dealer); (2) unless you are emotionally needy, be sure and advise the sales rep that you would prefer to purchase a vehicle from him (locally) but that you are just fine ordering it from a stranger/out of state dealer who sells more Porsches and has more allocations/clout than the guy with whom you are negotiating; (3) if you are happy with off-the-shelf, i.e. not too particular about options, then get online and work the phones -- it doesn't cost sh!t to ship a car compared to the money you can save; (4) do not appear to be overanxious (it is really hard not to chomp at the bit when you see and touch the car at the dealership, but you can not project anything but calm and patience); (5) finally, recognize that the dealer absolutely has the best EV on the road (for now) and that gives him a slight advantage. Do not state that you are considering a Tesla Model S -- Taycans and Teslas are not an apples to apples thing and the dealer knows that you know this. The better approach is to advise that you are ready to purchase now, but if you can't get what you want for the right price for 5 or 6 months from Porsche, you will likely wait to see how the MB EQE (with a very comparable base price to the Taycan) looks when it is unveiled in Sept. And then mention that based on the EQS German configurator, the EQE will likely have a much more refined interior and lots of tech as standard equipment. (Porsche dealers know that the EQE will give them fits and if they are smart they will fill up their order books before the real competition hits the market). Good luck!

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Chiming in on this since I finally found a 2021 Taycan off a lot in Florida and it's supposedly shipping to me in a few weeks. I got them to discount shipping to me (I'm in California) but they would not budget on the price of the car.

Inventory has been tough on the Taycan (especially 4S). I was not able to negotiate much beyond MSRP as most of the 2021 inventory was selling at (or in some cases above) MSRP. Many people are stuck waiting for cars and pulling the trigger quickly. Many cars listed online were already sold by the time I called 1-3 days later. A few area trying to get market adjustment fees up to $3K or more as well.

If you want to negotiate prices, you should go after a 2020 Demo. I found a few of these and the dealers were more willing to negotiate, but many of the cars has a lot more miles on them and I ended up getting a new one with less spec for the same price. Tax credit was still valid on them as long as they were never titled by the dealer. Just check for the date the factory warranty was punched (many were punched around April-May 2021) and make sure to have them CPO the car as well.

Jeffgtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
As a fellow Bay Area-an, can i ask why you went out of state for one? Color or options Not available here?

you als forwent the clean fuel rebate, was that not a factor?

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
As a fellow Bay Area-an, can i ask why you went out of state for one? Color or options Not available here?

you als forwent the clean fuel rebate, was that not a factor?
None of the Bay Area dealers were able to hold onto their inventory for long. Often I'd call about a car and it was already sold almost immediately after it hit the website. This probably happened 4-5 times. I was agnostic about color, but the specs I wanted were probably highly sought after. I also think a lot of people are running over on their leases, and several Tesla Model S buyers are still waiting for their cars, so the local demand and willingness to pay is through the roof. Even highly spec'd Taycan 4S cars with $140-145K in options are selling very quickly.

I tried a few LA dealers, but many of them were adding market adjustments and selling cars for over $3-5K over MSRP. They also were seeing demand outstrip supply quickly and were taking advantage of it on top of that.

Letting go of the $1.5K CA rebate and being willing to pay for a $2K delivery fee for a car out of state seemed to be the only way to get something soon. Going out of state, I have more cars which fit my specs, and there's less competition with local buyers. My reasoning was that I don't mind paying a delivery fee if the price of the car is more reasonable, especially considering the additional 10.23% sales tax that I have to pay against the vehicle price anyway.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
None of the Bay Area dealers were able to hold onto their inventory for long. Often I'd call about a car and it was already sold almost immediately after it hit the website. This probably happened 4-5 times. I was agnostic about color, but the specs I wanted were probably highly sought after. I also think a lot of people are running over on their leases, and several Tesla Model S buyers are still waiting for their cars, so the local demand and willingness to pay is through the roof. Even highly spec'd Taycan 4S cars with $140-145K in options are selling very quickly.

I tried a few LA dealers, but many of them were adding market adjustments and selling cars for over $3-5K over MSRP. They also were seeing demand outstrip supply quickly and were taking advantage of it on top of that.

Letting go of the $1.5K CA rebate and being willing to pay for a $2K delivery fee for a car out of state seemed to be the only way to get something soon. Going out of state, I have more cars which fit my specs, and there's less competition with local buyers. My reasoning was that I don't mind paying a delivery fee if the price of the car is more reasonable, especially considering the additional 10.23% sales tax that I have to pay against the vehicle price anyway.
Speaking of CA sales tax, being in southern California, I'm registering my next car at a friends house in Moorpark, Ventura County.
It's 7.25% sales tax., Lowest in CA. Every bit counts

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Speaking of CA sales tax, being in southern California, I'm registering my next car at a friends house in Moorpark, Ventura County.
It's 7.25% sales tax., Lowest in CA. Every bit counts
Are you serious! It’s really worth doing this to save X.