jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I’m debating between a custom order 2021 4S versus an in stock 2020 4S. I test drove a 4S today in Northern VA and the dealer has about 10 in stock. The salesman noted that they were offering incentives and discounts to move them out in advance of the 2021s, but we did not discuss details. Pros of custom order include the exact configuration I want plus wireless Car-Play, which would be nice coming from years of BMWs with wireless Car-Play, but would mean waiting about 6 months. So, I’m wondering what discounts people have been seeing on in stock 2020 4S. I think I have seen other posts here reporting 4-5%, but those seemed to be Turbo and Turbo S, which may be a harder sell from stock.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
wireless CarPlay has been confirmed as a software update for MY 2020 Taycan's but not until after the 1st of the year - so if wireless CarPlay is your thing - 2020 Taycan's will get an update to add this feature...

other considerations may make that moot, but I wouldn't hold out just over wireless CarPlay cause you'll get it eventually.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if they have multiple 4S's in stock and you're a qualified buyer - dealers are normally very very open to negotiation if you're serious and they need to sell the cars - seems to me you might be in control in this situation - pick the 4S that most appeals to you and then pick a price in your head that you'd really really like…then work with the dealers - also consider "soft" discounts - pay a higher cash price, but they throw in accessories, wheel kits, or what not to make the deal more sweet…

you don't get what you deserve - you get what you negotiate - it never hurts to make the dealer an offer - worst they can say is no.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’m debating between a custom order 2021 4S versus an in stock 2020 4S. I test drove a 4S today in Northern VA and the dealer has about 10 in stock. The salesman noted that they were offering incentives and discounts to move them out in advance of the 2021s, but we did not discuss details. Pros of custom order include the exact configuration I want plus wireless Car-Play, which would be nice coming from years of BMWs with wireless Car-Play, but would mean waiting about 6 months. So, I’m wondering what discounts people have been seeing on in stock 2020 4S. I think I have seen other posts here reporting 4-5%, but those seemed to be Turbo and Turbo S, which may be a harder sell from stock.
Back when COVID was hot (note, some people think we're there again), many dealers were offering 5-10% off. I'd start with 10% off, but for that money, you'd better love it. I'd rather build it.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
I’m considering a 2020 demo Turbo S with roughly 2500 miles
I would lose 1 year of warranty
Original Build was $207k
Any suggestions what is a fair price to offer?

Deleted member 2414

@TheFutre I'm curious how your negotiation goes. I'm in the same shoes as you. Please let me know

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@AP1984
I certainly will however I don’t anticipate much progress based on my bid but we’ll see
I feel picking up a 2020 demo model while 2021’s are now being produced warrants a fairly deep discount compared to what the dealers are currently showing

@TheFutre I'm curious how your negotiation goes. I'm in the same shoes as you. Please let me know

Deleted member 2414

Absolutely agree. The discount should be in the 10-15% range, maybe even more in some cases. I've even seen dealers offer a small discount of 5-10% on used ones, which is ridiculous. I think the dealers have the benefit of this being the first model year of Taycan. Once 2021 models start filling up the lots the discounts should get more significant.

@AP1984
I certainly will however I don’t anticipate much progress based on my bid but we’ll see
I feel picking up a 2020 demo model while 2021’s are now being produced warrants a fairly deep discount compared to what the dealers are currently showing

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@AP1984
I also look at it as.....if we lease most dealers calculate a 50% residual for 39 months so considering the demo has lived 12 months that would be minimum 15% right there

Absolutely agree. The discount should be in the 10-15% range, maybe even more in some cases. I've even seen dealers offer a small discount of 5-10% on used ones, which is ridiculous. I think the dealers have the benefit of this being the first model year of Taycan. Once 2021 models start filling up the lots the discounts should get more significant.

bill winfield

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Cayeene
Country flag
I'd want 15% off, MINIMUM.
I’m considering a 2020 demo Turbo S with roughly 2500 miles
I would lose 1 year of warranty
Original Build was $207k
Any suggestions what is a fair price to offer?
You’re not far from Atlanta. We had great luck dealing with them and they have a big inventory.
The new car manager over there is Wyll Dickenson, his cell phone number is 615-630-5914. He’ll work with you if he has something you like. Tell him Bill Winfield sent you.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As an added note, I wouldn't expect much off a new zero mileage 4S MY20 or not. There aren't a lot available and there is very low incoming inventory due to COVID. There is no leverage there so don't be surprised if dealers scoff at a discount request.

Demo cars, sure, and the Turbo/Turbo S have more wiggle room due to the fact they're already a lot more profitable than a 4S.

bill winfield

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Cayeene
Country flag
Call Wyll Dickenson over at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter. They have several to choose from. His cell number is 615-630-5914, tell him Bill Winfield recommended you.
Sponsored