Discounts on in-stock 2020 4S

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
Well I was offered 9-10% on a 2020 from four different dealers in different parts of the US (Seattle, LA, Texas and New York).
I ended up getting 7% on an incoming 2021 in New Jersey no problem. I figured the 3% was a no brainer. The 2021 has heads up display which I wanted (and got) wireless CarPlay(which is awesome) and I hear several internal components are upgraded(not sure on this one). Plus the fact that a 2020 purchased in December 2020 has a one year old depreciation curve (15% +) in 30 days (since valuation is based on MY not months in service)
I didn't suggest you didn't get a good deal or that the 21's don't have certain options that the 20's don't have, but the 15% depreciation hit based on MY is not accurate. Mileage on the car has a much greater effect on resale value than model year. The trade in value of my car (991.2 TTS) was 86% of the purchase price and it was just over 2 years old with 5000 miles on it, but it was replaced by the 992. True, it's a 911, but Porsches have better resale than virtually any other car. Taycan's will depreciate more in the first year, however, because of the $7500 tax credit only available when purchased new.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yah 911s are hot right now. Dealers can’t keep them in stock due to reduced production and fewer allocations. I also sold my 991.2 TTS Cab for a premium in September for a 992 TTS cab I’m
Picking up at PEC next month and I’ve already had a couple offers on it as a new untitled car.

I’d be pretty confident on depreciation hit. Taycan is not a LE car nor are they hard to find. My local has 22 on the lot (17 2020s) and zero 911s. If dealers are giving 10% off a new untitled car there is no way a used car that’s been driven and had the warranty clock start would sell for the same 10% off MSRP. 15% might be generous.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I switched my 992 911 Cab order to a Taycan one - the 911's are increasingly hard to come by and I know many people who are placing orders for the 2022 one with EOY or early 2022 delivery (which seems crazy). The 991 depreciation is in a league of it's own - especially now with shortages. I have a friend who sold a 2015 911 Turbo Cab for $110k (original MSRP was $160k). In other words, after 6.5 years of use and 20,000 miles, the car only depreciated 30% making his cost to own it less then $750/mo (for a 911 Turbo!!)

Unfortunately, I don't expect to see the same depreciation numbers from the Taycan. On the flip side, Porsche's own depreciation calculations for it were just updated to the positive side (which are making leases slightly more attractive going forward).

If anyone still needs help finding a good deal, feel free to private message me, between here and Rennlist I've connected about 2 dozen people with GM's that currently have the best pricing and/or inventory (for both the Taycan and 911's). I work with every single automotive brand actually, so I can help with any brand really, but I know most here are looking for a Porsche :) I have no skin in the game, but if anyone needs help, I can do my best to assist.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
I didn't suggest you didn't get a good deal or that the 21's don't have certain options that the 20's don't have, but the 15% depreciation hit based on MY is not accurate. Mileage on the car has a much greater effect on resale value than model year. The trade in value of my car (991.2 TTS) was 86% of the purchase price and it was just over 2 years old with 5000 miles on it, but it was replaced by the 992. True, it's a 911, but Porsches have better resale than virtually any other car. Taycan's will depreciate more in the first year, however, because of the $7500 tax credit only available when purchased new.
Actually, the first year’s depreciation is still a question, as that would be driven by the supply. Now, there are no real competitors for Taycan EV (Tesla is very different car), and given much fewer technically depreciating parts, I somehow believe that the price will remain high and that Taycan will only see larger depreciation, when there is a significan change in the used ev segment.
Sponsored