ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A video from the Romanian Tourist Board, no I mean Porsche. With all their production values in tact and a few shots of beautiful Porsche's along the way.

Discover the Unknown – Taycan Road Trip – The Beauty of Romania
Porsche

What do you learn about the Taycan from watching this video, nothing. What I did learn was Porsche's strong belief in not simply selling cars but experiences. And from that I find value in viewing. Also it looks like a beautiful place to visit.
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
A video from the Romanian Tourist Board, no I mean Porsche. With all their production values in tact and a few shots of beautiful Porsche's along the way.

Discover the Unknown – Taycan Road Trip – The Beauty of Romania
Porsche

What do you learn about the Taycan from watching this video, nothing. What I did learn was Porsche's strong belief in not simply selling cars but experiences. And from that I find value in viewing. Also it looks like a beautiful place to visit.
I enjoyed the video. The road “Trans-something” looks like an amazing drive. Zero comments on the car in the video though. With that infrastructure, I wonder what the charging options would be? Probably need to have the Porsche charger truck follow you around.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The scenery looks amazing, but I got a strange vibe from the video. Almost like they were putting themselves down or something – not sure exactly what it is.

I have shared with some Romanian friends for their comments!

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
The scenery looks amazing, but I got a strange vibe from the video. Almost like they were putting themselves down or something – not sure exactly what it is.

I have shared with some Romanian friends for their comments!
I have a guy from Romania on my team and this is pretty much how he describes his country. He says it is getting better and has a lot of potential.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
That is an absolutely fantastic road. BBC did a Romania special some years ago. Bit of a scandal (as you can imagine some parts were scripted for artistic effect - some very Borat-style) but overall a positive view .

@tigerbalm - part of the Romanian tradition is to be overly self-critical. Our most popular folk stories are centered on the inevitability of fate and the willingness to accept it, hence putting yourself down on occasion. I suppose that was part of being a small country always between 3 large empires (Ottoman, Austro-Hungarian, Russian). Fortunately there is now a new generation with European aspirations and a sense of pride in accomplishments. The move forward after joining EU was staggering - very refreshing to see that.

For the infrastructure, EVs are still in infancy there, but are growing fairly fast over last couple years.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm from Romania and those places are indeed great and beautiful to visit. However, fast chargers are quite sparse and you'd have to be patient charging at 22kW chargers fairly often on such a trip.
Sponsored