Discover the Unknown – Taycan Road Trip – The Beauty of Romania - Porsche

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Taycan 4S
Country flag
A video from the Romanian Tourist Board, no I mean Porsche. With all their production values in tact and a few shots of beautiful Porsche's along the way.

Discover the Unknown – Taycan Road Trip – The Beauty of Romania
Porsche

What do you learn about the Taycan from watching this video, nothing. What I did learn was Porsche's strong belief in not simply selling cars but experiences. And from that I find value in viewing. Also it looks like a beautiful place to visit.

struther

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
A video from the Romanian Tourist Board, no I mean Porsche. With all their production values in tact and a few shots of beautiful Porsche's along the way.

Discover the Unknown – Taycan Road Trip – The Beauty of Romania
Porsche

What do you learn about the Taycan from watching this video, nothing. What I did learn was Porsche's strong belief in not simply selling cars but experiences. And from that I find value in viewing. Also it looks like a beautiful place to visit.
I enjoyed the video. The road “Trans-something” looks like an amazing drive. Zero comments on the car in the video though. With that infrastructure, I wonder what the charging options would be? Probably need to have the Porsche charger truck follow you around.

tigerbalm

Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo S E-hybrid, Peugeot e-208, Taycan (on-order)
Country flag
The scenery looks amazing, but I got a strange vibe from the video. Almost like they were putting themselves down or something – not sure exactly what it is.

I have shared with some Romanian friends for their comments!

struther

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
The scenery looks amazing, but I got a strange vibe from the video. Almost like they were putting themselves down or something – not sure exactly what it is.

I have shared with some Romanian friends for their comments!
I have a guy from Romania on my team and this is pretty much how he describes his country. He says it is getting better and has a lot of potential.

svp6

Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
That is an absolutely fantastic road. BBC did a Romania special some years ago. Bit of a scandal (as you can imagine some parts were scripted for artistic effect - some very Borat-style) but overall a positive view .

@tigerbalm - part of the Romanian tradition is to be overly self-critical. Our most popular folk stories are centered on the inevitability of fate and the willingness to accept it, hence putting yourself down on occasion. I suppose that was part of being a small country always between 3 large empires (Ottoman, Austro-Hungarian, Russian). Fortunately there is now a new generation with European aspirations and a sense of pride in accomplishments. The move forward after joining EU was staggering - very refreshing to see that.

For the infrastructure, EVs are still in infancy there, but are growing fairly fast over last couple years.

Advertisement

Advertisement