DMV Emissions Testing Notification

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I live in NY, and I received a notification that my emissions testing deadline is coming up soon for my Taycan. In NY, electric vehicles are exempt from needing this testing. My question is what people have done in this instance. Did you:

1. Ignore the Notification. The notification is bulk and dumb, so doesn’t really distinguish between registrations for vehicles that are exempt.
  2. Go to a Testing Facility and have them verify the exemption. What do they do then?
  3. Something else.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
my Chevy dealer keeps offering me $50 off on an oil change for my Bolt. I tried to collect the $50 once figuring the oil change cost $0 and they are offering $50 off so I’m owed $50 - they didn’t agree with my reasoning.

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have the answer now, so I will post to close out this thread. The NY DMV emissions testing includes a safety check (brakes, etc.). This portion of the check still applies to EVs, so we still need to complete this to be able to renew our registrations. The same group of establishments that people take their ICE vehicles to can perform the rest of the tests.
Sponsored