Do door handles pop out without Comfort Access?

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone here own a taycan without comfort access? I see on the standard spec sheet that auto deploying door handles are standard spec. Do these pop out to you when nearing the car, or must you unlock the car with the key button to make them pop out?

I’m not fussed for gesture opening of boots etc, but auto deploying handles would be handy, and I wasn’t sure how comfort access influences the door handles. Thanks!
Sponsored

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone here own a taycan without comfort access? I see on the standard spec sheet that auto deploying door handles are standard spec. Do these pop out to you when nearing the car, or must you unlock the car with the key button to make them pop out?

I’m not fussed for gesture opening of boots etc, but auto deploying handles would be handy, and I wasn’t sure how comfort access influences the door handles. Thanks!
There is a setting to make them pop out automatically when you approach the car. The car also auto turns on, no need to press the power button. But you do need to turn it off.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is a setting to make them pop out automatically when you approach the car. The car also auto turns on, no need to press the power button. But you do need to turn it off.
Thanks, does this happen without comfort access?

More importantly, I see you’re a hoops fan like me!

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, does this happen without comfort access?

More importantly, I see you’re a hoops fan like me!
I am sorry, I missed the comfort access piece, my bad! I am pretty sure you need it for this feature.

Yes, Celtic is far more important than a car, Ange is doing a pretty decent job so far :cool:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Without comfort access you need to hit unlock on the fob for them to pop out. This is true even if the car is not locked.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Without comfort access, you need to use the key fob to lock and unlock the doors. When you unlock with the fob the handles pop up /deploy

With comfort access, you touch the underside of the door handle and the handle pops up /deploys (no need to use key fob)

With Comfort access, you can also select "enhanced comfort access", this will pop the handles out when you walk close to the car

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I don’t have comfort access but the handles pop out when I approach the car ( when it’s already unlocked). They close again after about 30 seconds and then when you approach the car again they pop out..

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don’t have comfort access but the handles pop out when I approach the car ( when it’s already unlocked). They close again after about 30 seconds and then when you approach the car again they pop out..
[/QUOTE
Comfort access: when you are in range of the car with the Key the doors will unlock (handles pop out) and car on. I found it quite annoying since walking into my garage and passing my car would unlock it. If you disable comfort access, when you reach for the handle the handle will pop out and unlock the car (only unlock) you do not need to use the key to unlock.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s good to know, thanks. Do you have any options to enable or disable the settings on the pcm?

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am sorry, I missed the comfort access piece, my bad! I am pretty sure you need it for this feature.

Yes, Celtic is far more important than a car, Ange is doing a pretty decent job so far :cool:
Mon the hoops!

TVL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I haven’t got the comfort access option, but…
Since the 2021 software update, I’ve noticed that when the car is unlocked and I walk up to it, the handles pop out.
My dealer confirmed it’s a side-effect of the update (bug or feature).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Handles only present automatically when approaching the car with Comfort option otherwise they present when you use the key fob to unlock or unlock from the inside.

Note that if the car is unlocked the handles will retract after a period of time and you can simply pull on them to open the door. Again with Comfort option the doors would re-present if you had the key / fob in your pocket.
Sponsored