Do I have to pay for the home installation?

RaceCarEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hey there, I wanted to ask if you have any experience with the at-home charger installation, specifically: 1) Does Porsche pay for the installation or do I have to pay for it myself? 2) Does Porsche provide me with an electrician or should I use my own electrician?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you pay - use your own electrician - install & equipment cost has some tax benefit in the US

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You have to find your own electrician and you have to pay them.

If you don't you can probably use a regular 120V wall outlet but charging speed will be very slow. You can probably get 20-40 miles or with overnight charging.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey there, I wanted to ask if you have any experience with the at-home charger installation, specifically: 1) Does Porsche pay for the installation or do I have to pay for it myself? 2) Does Porsche provide me with an electrician or should I use my own electrician?

Thanks in advance!
unless you are well versed in working with your home's electrical system you will need to hire an electrician. the costs are dependent on the level of current service to the home and the distance from the panel box to where the outlet will be placed. IMHO you could survive with using the 110 outlet but that will only get you about 3-4 miles per hour of range into the car, putting in 240 service and a 14-50 outlet will get you 24-30 miles of range into the car. it all depends on how far your daily driving is and how fast you need to get the car charged.

TS-Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TTS
Country flag
I think Porsche has a parthership with Amazon to sell you the charger and line up an electrician. I know I read that somewhere. I just checked Amazon and they’re saying “installs unavailable.”

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just google something like New York home charger installation.

You will get the names of a bunch of installers who do home EV charging installations you can check out. Or any licensed electrician can do it.
Sponsored