Do you guys pay markup or MSRP for your Taycan?

stonecold926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just curious about how everybody's experience of getting a Taycan.

From where I am, I was told from multiple dealerships to pay $15k to $20k USD for the markup due to the high demands when I was shopping around back in Nov. 2022.

Ofc, I wasn't that desperate to pay that much to the dealerships; however, I still paid some somehow a bit more reasonable "bribe" to a manager to secure an allocation.

How was you folks experience?
Sponsored

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Yeah we secured our allocation Nov 2022, many dealers wanted a 10k markup but we said no way. Was able to find a local dealer who sold at msrp but only the CT4. We wanted a ct4s and they didn’t have an allocation or if they did, they wanted 10k. Talked to our salesman recently and no markups, they had allocations for 4s but not worth it with the used car market.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
2% under MSRP. Not much but better than nothing at the time. I reckon we can do better now.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
On allocation waiting list in March 2022 $0, secured allocation June 2022 $0, agreement was for MSRP when it came in. I was happy with paying MSRP, especially in this market, but know that some dealers are still charging ADM or a large deposit to get on an allocation waiting list.

Last edited:

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
Waiting list Oct, allocation Nov, delivery Mar. Paid MSRP. I was very happy because at the time many were paying dealer fee. It was never even discussed. I assumed when you custom order you pay MSRP but I guess in the good old days you could get a nice discount.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
$1000 to get on the list in August 2022 to purchase at MSRP. Another $9000 at allocation. I was told in August they weren't budging off of MSRP, which I expected and was good with considering others' ADM stories. Now, I wonder if I might be able to knock a few % off but not sure how that works. I assume I'm locked in but I'll at least ask.

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
My dealer stopped waiting lists a year ago and being a repeat customer we decided we wanted a 4SCT in December, they had allocations, we chose a March build. The car should start build Monday, scheduled to be hear late April (not holding my breath). $5000 deposit to secure allocation, MSRP deal though I did work a consignment on my Spyder and made $12k more than expected so I could call that a discount. Paid MSRP on my Spyder allocation in ‘21. It pays to have a decades long relationship with the dealer.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
My dealer stopped waiting lists a year ago and being a repeat customer we decided we wanted a 4SCT in December, they had allocations, we chose a March build. The car should start build Monday, scheduled to be hear late April (not holding my breath). $5000 deposit to secure allocation, MSRP deal though I did work a consignment on my Spyder and made $12k more than expected so I could call that a discount. Paid MSRP on my Spyder allocation in ‘21. It pays to have a decades long relationship with the dealer.
my production start date was 3/17/23. TYD still shows I’m on step 3. Delivery date for me is in may.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
waitlisted at my dealership 9/2022. Paid $1000 deposit on 2/11/23. Allocation secured 2/27/23 with $4000 more. Msrp plus tax, delivery in may if no delays.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Paid MSRP, but got the first service included and some swag, so technically netted slightly under MSRP. It took some creative negotiating to get there. No trade-ins. Given it took me over a year to even find an unclaimed allocation, I'm satisfied with the deal.

Last edited:

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
my production start date was 3/17/23. TYD still shows I’m on step 3. Delivery date for me is in may.
Technically I’m the same, production was supposed to start on 3/17 but I’m still in step 3. My boat ride is shorter though hence the projected April delivery, which we all know will never happen.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I purchased my 22 CT4 in Nov 21 at MSRP. I did not order as I purchased a car that was already built and halfway across the Atlantic on its way to the Baltimore port. I received the car in Dec 21. The first dealer I talked to about an in stock car wanted $20k over. The second one I talked to about an in stock car wanted $5k over. It was the third dealer I talked to that I purchased from that sold me the soon to arrive CT4 for MSRP. I did not have a trade-in.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
No ADM here in SE Michigan. I expected MSRP but I wasn't going to accept an ADM. Spending 25+ years haggling with dealers has finally worn me out I think. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm happy to finally just pay "the price" and be done with it. Being a newbie Porsche buyer I didn't want to be passed over for an allocation, so I tried not to immediately present as a potential pain to work with. I paid $1k to be 4th on a 4S waiting list in Sept. '22.

I did follow up with an email to the SA thanking him for his time, giving him my draft build, reiterating my interest in the car and mentioning my 20 yr history getting service at the dealerships next door who are part of the same group. It felt like a post-job interview email :D. At that point I confirmed with him that there is no ADM.

I got a call in mid December with an allocation available and jumped on it. We went in a week later to finalize the build since freeze was early January and paid $6k (appx $145k build). I know the U.S. coasts have different methods, but I still don't think I could stomach an ADM or crazy deposits even if I (still) lived there.

When it's time to take delivery, I expect them to hit me up with a bunch of add-ons. I'm pretty sure I'll have no issue turning them down merely for the fact that the well has run dry!

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Anyone who messaged me and ordered through my SA has only paid MSRP (no matter the trim) with no forced products/adds....even throughout all of 2021 & 2022, when things were crazy hot! For RWD, I've been able to ask my SA nicely to contribute to shipping costs for people.

Part of the reason why I choose to support my SA is his integrity & quality of service.
Sponsored