jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
me neither.... let's see if someone who actually owns a MY2021 has these features
Yep I have a MY21 car and have these buttons but not sure its the car , its the app that's been updated
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Which phones are you using? The Android interface is different to the Apple IoS Interface.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Pretty sure this is coming to MY20 owners as well. In due time, I suppose.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Long-shot, but on my 911 I don’t have the remote door lock button within the app.
That’s solely down to me not specifying comfort entry (keyless entry).
just a thought.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Pretty sure this is coming to MY20 owners as well. In due time, I suppose.
Do you have a basis for this prediction? I'd love it if this were true but for now I'll settle for just being able to log into my MY20.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have a basis for this prediction? I'd love it if this were true but for now I'll settle for just being able to log into my MY20.
Wireless carplay was part of the description of the 2020 Taycan, so it seems same that they will honor that - especially since shouldnt require a hardware update.

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche philosophy is never settle for second place , our 2020 Taycan is superseded by the 2021... we are second place . If you want the latest functionality you must buy the latest version of the product . This is verbatim from customer support North America .

this is also us buying into a performance car company that produced an EV, not a tech company producing a car.

Having said all that , I wouldn’t mind an over the air wireless airplay update.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Let's hope it is going to be available through a ''simple'' software update... If not it would be such a shame to not be ''rewarded'' as early adopter with such basic functionnality of unlocking doors with a phone app and wireless carplay....
Lets get serious here... What does Porsche's track record to resolve software issues tell you so far?

If they can't fix all the bugs that have been identified with the Android/IOS Apps, what makes you think they are going to be able to do a "simple software update" on the firmware in your car?

SmartPhone apps (IOS/Android) have an entire ecosystem built specifically to automatically update the apps as new versions become available. Porsche has known about so many issues with their smartphone apps and we STILL don't have reliable versions of much of anything. They tell us they are aware of the issues yet we still do not have reliable, or fully functional, smartphone apps.

Maybe they can hire the folks who wrote Angry Birds, Candy Crush, or someone from another car company (Tesla, BMW...)...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I had them on my BMW i3 from 2013 as well.
I don't understand why Porsche can't do this on my Taycan 2020 but does so on the 2021...
That's pretty annoying...
I wish ANY button on this app would actually work... I tried quite a few times to precool the car, but never works.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
No basis. But as mentioned - it is just simple software. And simple is the f-in word here as well.
I wrote more complex software when I was 12 than what these Porsche "software developers" have managed so far. The software side of things is nothing but a shame from Porsche, and I think it would be appropriate with an apology for not providing a better app.

The car side of things, however, is fantastic. Couldn't be happier.

So at the end of the day; the software is an annoyance. That's all. And I'm sure it will get better. But as of now - we're stuck with the worst in the class.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I wish ANY button on this app would actually work... I tried quite a few times to precool the car, but never works.
Mine is in the shop to try to fix the connection issues - I doubt it will but had to give it a try. The workaround is not very good, but may suit you if you have predictable commute. I created a timer for departure in the morning and one for return from work. The climate starts 30 minutes before. This is wasteful as I frequently leave to / from work at different times than the preset, but it is the best I can do at this time.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
No basis. But as mentioned - it is just simple software. And simple is the f-in word here as well.
I wrote more complex software when I was 12 than what these Porsche "software developers" have managed so far. The software side of things is nothing but a shame from Porsche, and I think it would be appropriate with an apology for not providing a better app.

The car side of things, however, is fantastic. Couldn't be happier.

So at the end of the day; the software is an annoyance. That's all. And I'm sure it will get better. But as of now - we're stuck with the worst in the class.
The software is only an "annoyance" until you take the car on a 1400 mile road trip and can't activate any of the "free" charging sessions you already PAID FOR when you purchased the car. At that point it truly becomes a waste of money.

I tried running the Android Apps in one direction (700 miles) and then using the IOS apps on the way back. The only "reliable" way to get any charging sessions (if they were to be had at all) was use the Electrify America app and just pay for them. I was quite tired of fighting with the Porsche software at Zero-Dark-Thirty (in the rain) to try and get things working.

Porsche needs to pull their head out of their a$$ and give us the functionality we paid for and must depend on. You spend almost a quarter of a million dollars on a car and you expect "better". The software might not matter so much on an ICE powered vehicle but we have to depend on it for mobile charging.

Its truly amazing how $hitty and unreliable their software is. Furthermore, when you try and report/document these problems - all they say is they are working to make things better. Its pretty obvious that Porsche Customer Service is designed to manage CUSTOMERS and NOT manage PROBLEMS...
Sponsored