Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Of all the Apps on the Apple App Store, which is the one you are actually supposed to install?

i count 4 apps which imply car control, of course, only two have Porsche Connect in the name.

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don't have the three buttons, but the app did show oil levels at one point. I suspect that was before the app contacted the PCM the first time and realized it was electric because the oil level indicator is gone now :)

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
I believe I made my opinion on their SW devs clear, so we're singing in the same choir, buddy!

However I do believe that the car app and charging app are completely different, and pretty much has nothing to do with each other, so stones can certainly be thrown - but adjust your aim!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Mine is in the shop to try to fix the connection issues - I doubt it will but had to give it a try. The workaround is not very good, but may suit you if you have predictable commute. I created a timer for departure in the morning and one for return from work. The climate starts 30 minutes before. This is wasteful as I frequently leave to / from work at different times than the preset, but it is the best I can do at this time.
I see, good thinking. But I would like to have the pre cooling feature whenever I park the car outside in the sun. This is could be anytime. I am out of luck! :)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I see, good thinking. But I would like to have the pre cooling feature whenever I park the car outside in the sun. This is could be anytime. I am out of luck! :)
Keep pushing your local dealer, so they can push Porsche mothership to fix this soon. My experience is that my calls to Porsche Connect have no impact whatsoever, while the calls placed by the dealership at least have a callback and some form of internal processing. With winter coming, pre-heating is a very valuable feature in Minnesota

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Keep pushing your local dealer, so they can push Porsche mothership to fix this soon. My experience is that my calls to Porsche Connect have no impact whatsoever, while the calls placed by the dealership at least have a callback and some form of internal processing. With winter coming, pre-heating is a very valuable feature in Minnesota
For what its worth...

I keep a very detailed channel of communication open with my dealer. (List of issues) I also assure them that I am happy with everything they have tried to do and the culpability for all these "Taycan" issues sits firmly on the shoulders of Porsche Corporate.

In fact, my dealer even tells me that that my frequent calls (and discontent) with Porsche Customer Support is actually working back to them! So, they are getting notified that THEY have an unhappy customer and THEY should work to resolve it. However, none of my (or our) documented issues are solvable by the dealer. These are all virtually software issues (IOS/Android/Web Site) or firmware issues (PCM). My dealer knows and understands this, yet Porsche keeps calling them to try to get them to "MANAGE THE CUSTOMER". I've said this before but Porsche needs to spend more time "MANAGING THEIR EFFING PRODUCT" and less time trying to "Manage The Customers".

No amount of free car washes, fancy key fobs, or free coffee is going to solve these issues...

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just keep an eye on the App Store/Play Store.
If there's an update, it'll probably add these buttons.
Fingers crossed! :)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
For what its worth...

I keep a very detailed channel of communication open with my dealer. (List of issues) I also assure them that I am happy with everything they have tried to do and the culpability for all these "Taycan" issues sits firmly on the shoulders of Porsche Corporate.

No amount of free car washes, fancy key fobs, or free coffee is going to solve these issues...
+1 on that. The dealer has been of great help. They seem to have better communication with Porsche though. I have yet to receive an answer from Porsche Connect on the message I sent 4 weeks ago.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Just for giggles, I drove out to a Charging Station about 60 miles away to see if the recently updated "Porsche Connect" app could actually start a charging session.

I still had to fight with it to get my current location and then open up the local station. First thought would be to click on the "350KW" terminals line (that I was sitting at), but it seems you just have to ignore all that and click on the big green "Start Charging" button... This is a bit of a departure from the way it used to (not) work - at least for Android folks.

Once I did that, the charging session appeared to start (cheers could be heard inside my car) - but then it said "Charging Session Stopped" or something similar (and a dark gloom fell over the occupants). Preparing to exit the vehicle to unplug and start the process all over again, I noticed that the charging terminal and the car were now indicating that charging was in fact in progress although the app had said it was stopped.

So, at least I got a charging session actually started although the app is still not fully working the way it should...

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
So, at least I got a charging session actually started although the app is still not fully working the way it should...
Same here; I was able to start multiple sessions on a 350kW charger using the Charging America app last week, which I was never able to before, but none of them were as smooth as plug-in, push button. It took a couple of attempts and trying a different station at one place, but I got it going, and didn't need to call EA. I'm making the same trip today, so hopefully it's as-smooth or smoother.

I hope they extend or retrofit plug-and-charge to MY2020 Taycans. That's the experience Porsche really needs - no app; just plug in and the car and network figure it out.

Brent
Sponsored

Last edited: