First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
We got our Taycan just four months ago.

In the past two months, we got a flat tire two times :-(. Both times a nail on the side.

Taycan dealer simply replaces the tire instead of patching it. Each time it costs $400 to replace the tire.

I am wondering if anyone has any tire insurance.

I also wonder why the tires go flat so quickly? These are highways and good streets I drive on. Anyone else experiencing such an issue?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We got our Taycan just four months ago.

In the past two months, we got a flat tire two times :-(. Both times a nail on the side.

Taycan dealer simply replaces the tire instead of patching it. Each time it costs $400 to replace the tire.

I am wondering if anyone has any tire insurance.

I also wonder why the tires go flat so quickly? These are highways and good streets I drive on. Anyone else experiencing such an issue?

Thanks.
If you're getting nails in tires, you need to evaluate where you are driving. If you live near new home construction, it's pretty common cause nails fly out of work trucks. If not, then you need to identify where the nails are coming from. But good chance you need to consider taking a different route.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Don't go back to the dealer for nails in tires - of course they're going to sell you new tires. They may or may not even have equipment to patch tires.

Go to any tire shop and they're happy to do it for you. Unless the nail went through the sidewall, there's no issue with patching

Edit: just saw you said that the nails were in the side. I agree, pretty weird

Last edited:

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the Porsche Premier Tire and Wheel insurance (6 years). Mostly for the wheels in case they need repair but it also covers tires. Deductible is $50.

If the nails are in the side that seems strange, almost more like vandalism. I believe that any puncture repair to a high performance tire may void the speed rating of the tire and likely why Porsche does not let dealers do puncture repair.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
What, really? I can't find any info on this from a quick search. Any link you can provide?
I got a screw in the right rear. Discount Tire sold me 5 certificates for repair. 1 covered the damaged tire, 3 for the remaining tires, and 1 more for the new tire. Cost was roughly $350 for the certificates vs $450 for a new tire and I am now covered for 4 tires. I’ve read other people on the internet have done the same. Worth an ask if they will just do 4.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I got a screw in the right rear. Discount Tire sold me 5 certificates for repair. 1 covered the damaged tire, 3 for the remaining tires, and 1 more for the new tire. Cost was roughly $350 for the certificates vs $450 for a new tire and I am now covered for 4 tires. I’ve read other people on the internet have done the same. Worth an ask if they will just do 4.
Have I done this exact same thing. The Discount Tire deal is very good.
Sponsored