Do you think it’s hard to get in and out of your Taycan?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
On a slightly related note, I’ve always had the theory that you can judge someone’s age by the volume and length of the grunts they make when trying to get in and out of sports cars.
i just install those “lift assist” chairs in my sports car. Does that mean I’m old?
Sponsored

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
I'm 6'5" and approaching 70 myself, and opposite to what you're saying, I find the Taycan WAY easier to get into/out of than my i8 (which - with the seat it its lowest/farthest back position - practically requires an acrobatic feat every time I have to get out!). :angel:

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
Have you noticed that the B pillar is further forward than in most other cars? When your sitting in the car, the B pillar is almost in front of your hip. Because of that, it’s harder to drop into the car or get out of it. It’s not terrible, but it is more difficult.
Just curious if anyone else noticed this? Why do you think it’s more forward than other cars?
Enter backward, put left hand (I have left-hand drive, U.S.) on flat spot on B pillar for support (that flat spot handy for helping me lift to get out too). And I console myself by remembering, One must suffer for art!

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree the b-pillar is molded very oddly. I have wide hips and I often hit the b-pilar and steering wheel. The biggest problem is the interior "molding", I actually knock it off 1 in 10 times getting into the car. I am about to take it back to the dealer and ask if they can screw or glue it in, or make it harder to knock out!!! When the molding comes off it is apparent it does NOT need to intrude or be as large as it currently is. My Corvette is easier to get into and nothing falls off when I push on the interior ;-(

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Very strange situation for me. I test drove the 4S back in March and found no issue getting in or out. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised. When I took delivery of my RWD on Thursday, it was a completely different experience. I found it almost as difficult to enter and exit as my GT3 (with race seats). I also use the B pillar for leverage. I will have to figure it out, but can't believe I didn't notice it during the test drive.
For me was the other way around. Felt a bit awkward, but when I finally got my car, it was a natural butt first slide in...

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Let's use this as a reference (yes I own an i8 and its one of the EASIER cars beside the Taycan to get in and out of):

Sponsored