How do you leave your Taycan?

• Total voters

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The car features that are supposed to work automatically ... handles pop out on approach, locking the car by pressing the spot on the handle, auto shutdown ... do not work reliably in my experience. I had a slightly embarrassing situation just last weekend In a parking lot where I approached the car, waited a second for it to pop the handles. Started body checking the car with my hip that had the key in my pocket. Nothing. Had to take it out to unlock. Anyhow ... I shutdown the car with the power button and lock/un-lock it with key button presses, because it otherwise doesn’t work as it’s supposed to.
I am also experiencing the same problem but mainly on the exit of the car rather than the entry. It usually takes 3-4 tries of the door handle button to lock the car and involves turning so that my pocket with the key is right next to the door handle. Most of the time it ends up taking too long so I just start walking away and pressing the lock button on the key. So much for "comfort" access. But I still love this car!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am also experiencing the same problem but mainly on the exit of the car rather than the entry. It usually takes 3-4 tries of the door handle button to lock the car and involves turning so that my pocket with the key is right next to the door handle. Most of the time it ends up taking too long so I just start walking away and pressing the lock button on the key. So much for "comfort" access. But I still love this car!!
Same for me.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
I just select park, unlock the seat belt, open the door, close the door and walk away.

Works fine all the time, she is always happy to see me return though :)

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just select park, unlock the seat belt, open the door, close the door and walk away.

Works fine all the time, she is always happy to see me return though :)
And the car locks? Mine still refuses unless I hold the Start button until it shuts down. Need to read the real manual to see if it’s a setting somewhere...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Stop car, open door, use keyfob to lock and walk away.

Open car, turn gear to D and drive off.

I never touch the start button both coming and and out of the car.

Me too.

But the odd thing is that even if I use the start button to turn it off (holding it down for several seconds), when I enter the car, I don't need to use the start button.

I like it that way, but I thought it would have had to use the start button.

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always park and lock from the outside, but this is one of the minor annoyances about this car compared to the Tesla. Why does it have to be "shut down" or locked manually. You should be able to put it in park and walk away and it turns off and locks automatically.

Also, the handle sensor locking is terrible in my experience. My wife has a 2016 Volvo that reacts 20x faster than this thing and is consistent. I have to hold my finger on it, swipe it, push it and sometimes it locks in 3-5 seconds (fastest), other times it is longer or I give up and push the button on the key. Anyone else have the same experience? This probably requires a separate thread.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always find that I can open the car just by reaching under the handle even when it does not present. For me I’ve never had to take the key out.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I always park and lock from the outside, but this is one of the minor annoyances about this car compared to the Tesla. Why does it have to be "shut down" or locked manually. You should be able to put it in park and walk away and it turns off and locks automatically.
I thought with Comfort Access (which is in the “Premium Package” in the US) included the ability to just walk away and it auto-locks. Does that only function if you hit the power button before leaving the car?

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I thought with Comfort Access (which is in the “Premium Package” in the US) included the ability to just walk away and it auto-locks. Does that only function if you hit the power button before leaving the car?
Comfort Access allows you to lock the car by touching the proximity sensor on the door handle

Porsche Taycan Do you use the power button or the park button & lock when you leave Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.34.07 AM

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
With co
With comfort access I believe you still have to lock with key or the door handle, or if you goto the boot you can hit the right hand button and it will close the trunk and lock the car.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
With comfort access I believe you still have to lock with key or the door handle, or if you goto the boot you can hit the right hand button and it will close the trunk and lock the car.
Thanks guys. @HelfFL I read that in the manual as well but I recall being told you could just walk away and it auto locks...maybe it’s just the handles going in and the SA thought that meant locking. I figured since my Mini Cooper auto-locks then of course a car 4x the price would have that.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I always find that I can open the car just by reaching under the handle even when it does not present. For me I’ve never had to take the key out.
Are you sure you have actually locked it? I have mirrors close when locked, that way you know it’s locked. Door handles will close after a couple of minutes even with the car unlocked.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
My dealer recommend that I just put the vehicle in park, get out and lock the doors. That seems to have some advantages as the climate control stays working and the handles pop out as I approach. But, the comfort access seat/steering wheel movement does not happen. Pressing the power button to turn off seems to put it into a deeper sleep.
I’ve been trained with my earlier 356 and current ‘91 964.

I always pull the parking brake (push the park button,) turn the key located left of the steering wheel to off (hit power button,) and turn the door lock (hit the key lock button.) Old 911 dogs will need to learn new Taycan tricks...
Sponsored