Does interior leather option lose GTS stitching on headrest?

OhRichman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster
Country flag
It appears on the configurator that switching from the standard Racetech interior to the leather option causes the GTS logo on the headrest to disappear. Does anyone know whether the GTS logo on the headrest goes away when the leather interior is selected?
Sponsored

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Probably not gonna stay if leather is chosen.

In the very beginning when the configurator went live, the GTS logo remained when leather is chosen. However, in a day or two it was no longer shown.

I opted for leather in my build and did not pick the crest, would be a pleasant surprise if the GTS got embossed. But I would doubt that ;)

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I saw the "GTS" on the headrest also, for a while, it only appeared with the beige interior. The dealer doubts it'll show in the leather. I've opted to put the GTS imprint on the armrest...

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Was told the GTS headrest logo is not available with the leather interior.

Seems to also be the case for other models that you lose the GTS headrest logo when opting for leather (e.g. 911 GTS).

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
no, you lose it. I had to order porsche logo embossed instead. And annoyingly you have to option it on all 4 seats too so more money!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Was told the GTS headrest logo is not available with the leather interior.

Seems to also be the case for other models that you lose the GTS headrest logo when opting for leather (e.g. 911 GTS).
GTS is in the headrests with full leather option - at least in US models. The stitching color just changes to the color of the leather instead of the contrasting chalk or red. Optional are the crests.

OP
OP
OhRichman

OhRichman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster
Country flag
GTS is in the headrests with full leather option - at least in US models. The stitching color just changes to the color of the leather instead of the contrasting chalk or red. Optional are the crests.
Thanks for this information! Can you share how you found this out? The configurator appears to remove the GTS stitching when the full leather is selected. Zooming in on the headrest in the photo seems to show that nothing is on the headrest. Even if the stitching was the same color, I would think the GTS would still show in the configurator.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
no, you lose it. I had to order porsche logo embossed instead. And annoyingly you have to option it on all 4 seats too so more money!
Yes, its frustratingly expensive for what it is (wait..did I say that ?) but way classier than "GTS" or "Turbo" written on it which seems a bit low class naff to me...(which of course is why they do it..to then make you spend more getting rid of it...sharp operators...)

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
GTS is in the headrests with full leather option - at least in US models.
Sorry, but that is not correct. Only the two GTS race-tex interiors and the standard race-text/leather interior do have the GTS stiching in the headrests, even in the US. If you pick leather, club leather or leather-free interior you can only spec the crest. Otherwise the headrest is empty.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It appears on the configurator that switching from the standard Racetech interior to the leather option causes the GTS logo on the headrest to disappear. Does anyone know whether the GTS logo on the headrest goes away when the leather interior is selected?
Leather will only be embossed.

Not 100% clear if GTS lettering is embossed or simply smooth. Alternative is to have the Porsche logo embossed.

When first launched the configurator showed the leather interior with GTS clearly embossed but not currently which is a concern.

Dealers should be able to get a definitive answer for you.
Sponsored