Does Night Vision Assist help identify idling cars with their lights off on the side of the highway?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Separately, in another thread someone mentioned it would be great if you could display the night vision image on the passenger screen. That would be the best non-gimmicky use of the screen ever, so of course it's not supported. :angry:
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
If that were possible , I would have gotten night vision

drjhyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2020 4S, Cayenne 2020
Country flag
Clearly with night vision, warm things are brighter. I have even thought that a warm dot on the road was an artifact that turned out to be a squirrel. Interesting that I could see the a patch of dense fog. Because of their heat, exhaust pipes and tires are also brighter. The vision id's deer even without me looking. Too bad it does not stop them and one ran into the side of my car last week.

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
It doesn't highlight cars. NVA will show an image with warmer objects as brighter in grayscale. What it does on top of that is recognize people/bicyclists/animals and highlight them with a yellow box overlay so you notice them. It doesn't do that for cars. It technically could be possible, I suppose, if the algorithm was updated to recognize when you're on the highway and to highlight cars that are off on the shoulder or breakdown area.

drjhyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2020 4S, Cayenne 2020
Country flag
The question was will it help "identitfy". Yes it helps identify warm things. It HIGHLIGHTS deer and pedestrians with a yellow tag overlying the image. If you are looking at an image, if something is warm it will appear brighter and yes can help to identify.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I wish this was a FoD, but I guess won’t be because sensors. :(
Sponsored