Does Taycan 4s/Taycan have the same acceleration performance as Taycan Turbo?

Gnep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi,

I am thinking to order a Taycan 4s or the new Taycan. Of source, the 0-60 performance of these two cannot compete with Turbo/Turbo S. However, does they have the same instant acceleartion (which I found more needed in daily drive).

Thanks!
Sponsored

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Hi @Gnep , I have not driven the Turbo/S but just taken delivery of a 4S, my previously daily drive was a 911.

I’m sure someone will be along with the actual numbers but I can say that I think the instant acceleration is nothing but outstanding in the 4S :like:

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
The 4S is plenty fast and has the typical EV instant torque feeling. It offers more than what I need in daily driving.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Turbo is faster of course. However not sure if that is really needed for daily driving. I personally think the 4S is plenty fast.

If you're coming from an ICE car it's highly likely you'll find the 4S acceleration impressive. At least that's how it is in my case.

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
the 4s on paper has the same performance figure as my Aplina B3. I can give you an ICE vs EV in a couple of days once I pick up the car (the Taycan 4S)

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
I found that the extra power in the Turbo was worth the price. However, I did not think the extra power delivered during launch mode from the Turbo S was worth the extra.

For me the sweet spot was the Turbo. From my experience and everything I have read or seen in comparison videos, the Turbo is equal to the Turbo S in acceleration unless starting in launch mode where the larger inverter of the S and it’s overboost will win out. They have the same 616hp when not in launch control.

I could certainly be mistaken, but from a rolling start, my Turbo kept up with an S up to 100mph on a racetrack.

Buy the Turbo if your budget can stand it.

DoctorV8

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I could certainly be mistaken, but from a rolling start, my Turbo kept up with an S up to 100mph on a racetrack.
So you actually ran a Turbo and a Turbo S side by side? Tell us more....what speed did you start/finish at? What was the state of charge of both cars?

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
The base Taycan will not be a sub 4 second car and that means there will be a significantly different feel from the 4S over the base.

Chuck J

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Hi,

I am thinking to order a Taycan 4s or the new Taycan. Of source, the 0-60 performance of these two cannot compete with Turbo/Turbo S. However, does they have the same instant acceleartion (which I found more needed in daily drive).

Thanks!
Hi, come to think of if I assume you are referring to the torque curve? and the delivery of power? if I had to gamble I would assume that the feeling of ‘sportiness’ would be the same in the base taycan. However once you sat in a 4S then Turbo you would realise they had more power.

Long and short the base taycan will put a smile on your face similar to my 2003 Smart roadster, which still feels nippy with 120hp

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I have now been driving my Taycan 4S for 3 weeks and have found that the acceleration & power is smoother and every bit as good, if not better, than the 2007 911 Turbo which I have owned since it was new, so I was very accustomed and "spoiled" by its tremendous acceleration and power.

I do not regret buying the 4S as compared to either the Tycan Turbo or Turbo S. Even with significant upgrades to the base 4S to make it equivalent to the Taycan Turbo's feature set (without the larger front motor of the Turbo), and the expensive Olea Club leather, the cost is still about $20k less than the Taycan Turbo.

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
So you actually ran a Turbo and a Turbo S side by side? Tell us more....what speed did you start/finish at? What was the state of charge of both cars?
20-100 Both cars over 90%, basically ran side by side. No official start, or timer, just a 1,2,3, honk and go. I outweighed the other driver by 70lbs. My car is white, and since white is the fastest color....

From a launch it wouldn’t even be close. The extra 150ft/lbs of torque on launch from the S is nuts.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Actual comparison here between the Turbo and Turbo S

It is true that the Turbo S and Turbo have equal horsepower, but torque is different. Though as known, Turbo S has more horsepower with launch control. Either way, the difference is not huge and both give you butterflies in your stomach like on a roller coaster.

I noticed in the video that basis of comparison was strangely presented: Turbo S without launch control and 15% power, versus Turbo with launch control and 40% power. I would have liked to see them both without launch control and with the same percentage in power.

If one plan to pack the Turbo with all the additional options, the Turbo S will probably be a better buy as it has a good deal more included by default. However with some nice and necessary equipped options, I do agree that Turbo is the sweet spot. The 4S will also give plenty of joy for every day driving, and for even less cash.

They're all great! It's really about how deep we dig into the wallet, or where to steal the money :idea:

Porsche Taycan Does Taycan 4s/Taycan have the same acceleration performance as Taycan Turbo? 3A122940-E2DB-42A7-BDE3-BB62FB6647DC

Porsche Taycan Does Taycan 4s/Taycan have the same acceleration performance as Taycan Turbo? 0DBF8B23-30D3-451A-9A55-0B19F83858FA

Porsche Taycan Does Taycan 4s/Taycan have the same acceleration performance as Taycan Turbo? 619AB27D-0BE7-4484-9239-BEFAD9C40C9A

Porsche Taycan Does Taycan 4s/Taycan have the same acceleration performance as Taycan Turbo? EAE53823-DB3D-449D-900E-9FC79EC4952F

Last edited:

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I think he might be considering the base model.

Chuck J

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I do agree that Turbo is the sweet spot
A sweet spot that plenty of us neither need nor can afford.

I am pretty happy with my 4s order, it's more than fast enough, I have no roads in my vicinity above 80 km/h, no race track in my part of the country and it has air suspension and awd.
Sponsored