Does Taycan 4s/Taycan have the same acceleration performance as Taycan Turbo?

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
I ordered a 4S and prior to my test drive I intentionally drove my 2018 M5 on the exact same route and attempted every acceleration and handling maneuver back to back.

With both vehicles set to Sport mode. The Taycan‘s instant acceleration will make your head snap back even when you know it’s coming unlike any ICE super car that is more than 7+ years old. 15 - 75 MPH mash of the throttle is so instantaneous that it can’t really be explained to someone that has never had a performance EV previously.

As for the ride and handling between the M5 and Taycan....the Taycan has a buttery smooth ride at any speed compared to the M5 which is just a bit harsh even in the softest setting. Going 100 MPH in the Taycan comes so effortlessly and with such control that I am fearful of my first speeding ticket in 25+ years. 60 and 100 feel the same especially without the sound of an ICE.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I’ll chime in and say that Turbo S is TOO FAST and completely unnecessary. I’d say the same if Turbo for day to day. So a 4S or one with performance is, in my opinion, the true sweet spot if you are not drag racing or taking car to the track. I mean it’s fun but you won’t do it too many times, it hurts!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
The GTS will be the sweet spot, like for any other P-car. :p
Anyone have an idea of what will be included of extra equipment in the GTS version? Performance package, black window trim, race tex interior?

And are we going to see some special equipment for the GTS version, maybe black wheels?

Could a 0-100 km/t time be something like 3.6 sec? (between Turbo and 4S)

diesel

First Name
Valérie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s
Country flag
Hi @Gnep , I have not driven the Turbo/S but just taken delivery of a 4S, my previously daily drive was a 911.

I’m sure someone will be along with the actual numbers but I can say that I think the instant acceleration is nothing but outstanding in the 4S :like:
i understand your feeling of sadness , having to let go of your 911 cabrio.I have the same issue.i hope the Taycan can fill in the void

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
i understand your feeling of sadness , having to let go of your 911 cabrio.I have the same issue.i hope the Taycan can fill in the void
It certainly does @diesel . I have not found a road suitable for the speed as of yet. It’s brutal acceleration and difficult not to hit the speed limit in a blink of an eye

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Does anyone know if the extra battery packs on the 4s make a noticeable difference on acceleration? Only asking as if I order I’m not getting them so hoping the answers no!

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone have an idea of what will be included of extra equipment in the GTS version? Performance package, black window trim, race tex interior?

And are we going to see some special equipment for the GTS version, maybe black wheels?

Could a 0-100 km/t time be something like 3.6 sec? (between Turbo and 4S)
It'll be a while before they do a GTS. GTS features tend to differ by region. For example, in the US the Macan GTS got air suspension standard where it didn't in a number of other markets. The GTS is often the way they sell a bunch of cars at the end of a model's life before a refresh.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Does anyone know if the extra battery packs on the 4s make a noticeable difference on acceleration? Only asking as if I order I’m not getting them so hoping the answers no!
I think the regular battery and premium battery 4S have the same 0-100 km/h time - I suspect you could not sense much of a difference.

After 3 electric cars, I am appreciating the larger battery. I was never sorry for having too much left in the battery at the end of a trip. On the other hand, several times I had to drive at 50 mph and with the heating off because I had too little in the battery. Try that in Minnesotta at -20C, not a pleasant experience. So my suggestion is consider the larger battery if you can afford it.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Side by side, you would definitely notice the difference between cars with and without the perf battery.

That said, either one is pretty fast. I'd not want to try to sell the non-perf battery version in 3 years though...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Hi @Gnep , I have not driven the Turbo/S but just taken delivery of a 4S, my previously daily drive was a 911.

I’m sure someone will be along with the actual numbers but I can say that I think the instant acceleration is nothing but outstanding in the 4S :like:
100% agree. My fun car is a Ferrari 458 Italia and the Taycan 4S certainly feels faster to take off! Instant Torque is great fun.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
The GTS will be the sweet spot, like for any other P-car. :p

Sweet spot on Turbo was actually Porsche’s own words, I read somewhere. But I think you’re right believing that GTS will overtake that statement. It’s a good chance it might become their most popular electric model when it finally arrives.

Either way, all the models in the Taycan range is great, and no huge difference sets any of them, apart from a few seconds and the price tag. The joy and fun of driving these cars are basically the same experience, with substance in both soul and spirit!

Last edited:

Jagu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
Side by side, you would definitely notice the difference between cars with and without the perf battery.

That said, either one is pretty fast. I'd not want to try to sell the non-perf battery version in 3 years though...
Funny you said this , after 3 years I just bought CPO 4s with a small battery because I put more importance on other features like the performance package and head up display over the bigger battery. I drive 100 miles a day and I can charge at home.
Sponsored