Does Taycan Turbo S have 500 times limit of launch control use?

f_k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Today, I went to dealer. I was talking to Salesman about upgrading my 4S to Turbo S. I asked why people tend more to buy turbo instead of turbo s. He said "after 500th use of launch control you can no longer use launch control with 751 ps. The car will be basicly a normal turbo" Is that true, guys? Or there might be a misunderstanding?
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Today, I went to dealer. I was talking to Salesman about upgrading my 4S to Turbo S. I asked why people tend more to buy turbo instead of turbo s. He said "after 500th use of launch control you can no longer use launch control with 751 ps. The car will be basicly a normal turbo" Is that true, guys? Or there might be a misunderstanding?
WHAT!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
First, no. This is either misinformation or misinformed dealer.

Second, and as a Turbo S owner, I think I will be dead from the internal organ damage from launch WAY before I hit 500 launches anyway....

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
but if true it's great information for the 3 year lease owner…

let's see

500 launches
365 days/year
3 year lease

you can do one launch every 2.19 days ;-)

so that it runs out just at the end of your lease period for next owner.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
LOL nice troll.

Porsche would switch to manufacturing toasters before they put a limit on lifetime launch controls. It has been stated again and again and again by Porsche that they design their cars for effectively limitless launches.

Bonglim

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I suspect there is probably a bit of an accident here. Either:
1 - a deliberate troll or perhaps
2 - It has been tested to 500 launches and has been absolutely fine, i.e. working just as effectively on number 500 as number 1. But with no indication that number 501 will be any worse.

Then the dealer has interpreted that as limited to 500.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hold my beer..........
What could possibly go wrong if you put an open can of beer in your cup holder then you did 500 launches? :like:

Honestly I always have to make sure my coffee mug top is locked before I drive off....

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Troll much?

OP
OP

f_k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
First, I am not a troll. I know, that sounds troll but I own 4s, wanted to upgrade to turbo s and learn the truth. Maybe this was not the best option to ask for members' advice.

Second, The salesman gave me this info. I went to another dealer and asked the same question if it is true. The saleswoman said "yes that is true BUT, after 500th launch the car WILL NOT be basicly a turbo, you will just not have the same launch performance."

Third, yes this is my first post in the forum because I follow this forum very long time. And for every question that I had, here I found the answer because of you, members.

Jared355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo s
Country flag
After the 500 launch turbo and turbo s models get a real turbo and a 911 conversion kit

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
First, I am not a troll. I know, that sounds troll but I own 4s, wanted to upgrade to turbo s and learn the truth. Maybe this was not the best option to ask for members' advice.

Second, The salesman gave me this info. I went to another dealer and asked the same question if it is true. The saleswoman said "yes that is true BUT, after 500th launch the car WILL NOT be basicly a turbo, you will just not have the same launch performance."

Third, yes this is my first post in the forum because I follow this forum very long time. And for every question that I had, here I found the answer because of you, members.
If this is true, sorry for being facetious. Porsche should probably be more up-front, although I am sure that it is just a case that after 500 launches, the car will need some significant servicing to get it back up to level - as with any ICE car, performance will drop off over time I guess, and, as daveo4EV alluded to, 500 launches is a decent number to have in your back pocket. Thanks for sharing the info.