Does the car come equipped with AM Radio?

EVOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Curious if the car comes with AM radio? Does anyone have any videos going over the entertainment system? This system seems much different than what comes in the new 992s and Macans.
Sponsored

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can’t remember the last time I listened to AM radio, but if it’s an important part of your life you can get it on a phone app these days and play that over your insanely expensive Taycan speakers using CarPlay.

OP
OP

EVOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I use it for sports radio. I only listen to 2 stations on AM but those will require 2 different apps which is annoying.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really? There are radio apps that tune any station And with CarPlay that’s functionally an AM radio if you have cell signal.

Are you choosing to use two proprietary apps? That’s on you. :) The digital age has some downsides.

OP
OP

EVOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Really? There are radio apps that tune any station And with CarPlay that’s functionally an AM radio if you have cell signal.

Are you choosing to use two proprietary apps? That’s on you. :) The digital age has some downsides.
AM 670 the Score was taken off TuneIn and only on Radio.com and ESPN Chicago is on TuneIn.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The problem, experts said, is that electric-vehicle motors generate electromagnetic frequencies on the same wavelength as AM radio signals. That creates the buzzing and signal fading from electromagnetic interference.
I don't know if this applies to all EVs or higher performance ones, but my guess is that Porsche rather remove it than have customers complaining about the poor quality.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry, couldn’t find a Chicago AM frequency for ‘ESPN Chicago’ ... I’m out of suggestions :( Good luck and smooth driving!

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
No AM. Mine doesn't have FM either. Or it sort of does, but it does not work at all. No stations, no search... nothing.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Bumping this thread, wife discovered her CT doesn't have AM radio today, now that baseball season started. She's pissed, it's rather funny.

Slammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Forte
Country flag
I use it for sports radio. I only listen to 2 stations on AM but those will require 2 different apps from technifiser.com which is annoying.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Car also does not have a morse code telegraphy key.
WRONG! It’s next to the engine crank in front of the vehicle. Unfortunately can only be operated outside, so there’s a little platform you can sit on while someone else drives the car. Try to keep it below 5 MPH and watch out for any droppings kicked up by the horses in front of you. Morse operator should wear goggles just in case.
Sponsored