Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Crazy that they won't store the wheels for you. It's completely standard over here.
It isn’t standard here. My BMW dealership told me no one here in Maine did that.

My Porsche dealership offered it as soon as I bought a set of Winter wheels.

Seemed (to me) like a great business opportunity. (Until I did the math... as a stand-alone business, it doesn’t work).
Sponsored

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
It isn’t standard here. My BMW dealership told me no one here in Maine did that.

My Porsche dealership offered it as soon as I bought a set of Winter wheels.

Seemed (to me) like a great business opportunity. (Until I did the math... as a stand-alone business, it doesn’t work).
Our detailer stores one of our cars (2-car garage and 3 cars) and also stores our winter / summer wheels. We love these guys - take in a dirty car and pick up a clean one.

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
It's a form of art :cool:. And yes, they fit (barely). You can only get the tire through the backdoor in the direction shown with the door open. Rear wheel tires flat on the floor, front tires as a pyramid.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm about to attempt a trip to pick up a set of wheels/tires of very similar size. Do you think there is still enough room to do this if the tires are mounted on wheels or do you really need to be able to overlap them tightly to pull that off?

TIA

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Putting this out there in case anyone knows: is it possible to put the winter wheel/tire set for the Taycan into the car for transport (presumably with the seats down)? I'm looking at getting a set, but this is turning out to be an important aspect of my purchase decision.

Thanks in advance!
NO

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I had my wife drive the tires over to the tire place with her SUV. They did the swap in about 10 mins, but I have tires and rims (20").

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered studded Hakkapeliita 10 EV Silent-Studded and had them shipped directly to the installer. The summer tires, took me two trips to bring back....apparently others are better at tire jenga than I am.
Rear, rear-view:
Porsche Taycan Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car? studded rear Taycan Hak10EV

Front, front-view:
Porsche Taycan Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car? Studded front_pass Taycan Hak10EV

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I was able to put my 20" summer tires in my Taycan with the rear seats down. Three in the rear seat area, one in the trunk.

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
Can confirm I fit the 20" wheels and tires in the car just this afternoon. They just don't for through the side doors making it a little harder.

DRR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm about to attempt a trip to pick up a set of wheels/tires of very similar size. Do you think there is still enough room to do this if the tires are mounted on wheels or do you really need to be able to overlap them tightly to pull that off?

TIA
I fit my 21 inch Exclusive Design wheels with Continental all seasons. One in front seat and 3 in back with seats down.

Porsche Taycan Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car? 21 in wheels tires

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Re-resurrecting this thread. I'm contemplating transporting a set of tires in the back of a CT. For 1,200 miles. Reading the above, it seems possible though definitely not a comfortable fit. I'm a bit worried about rear visibility and, to a lesser extent, smell and weight on the (folded) rear seats (at least it's just tires, and not a complete wheelset). Any thoughts or experiences anyone would like to share?

For context, I'm looking at a mid-Jan collection trip from Denver to WA; the car comes with all-seasons, and I'm reasonably confident it could make the trip without a problem - especially since they're new. Having winters on would make me feel a lot better about any potential storm crossing my path, but transporting the all-seasons does not appear to be trivial.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
You can try carrying the rud chains or autosocks instead?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
You can try carrying the rud chains or autosocks instead?
Thing is, I'd like to/will eventually have winters for this car, which makes the chains a no-go (and the damn things are frightfully expensive!). I forgot about the autosocks - that's worth a second look. Thanks for the suggestions!

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
The thing is that you will ruin your interior with rubbing marks getting them in position and moving on speed bumps, corners etc. Yes it will “fit” but the collateral damage makes it a no go for me.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
The thing is that you will ruin your interior with rubbing marks getting them in position and moving on speed bumps, corners etc. Yes it will “fit” but the collateral damage makes it a no go for me.
Well, I'd have them bagged, but still a good point. Just seems like too much of a hassle.
Sponsored