Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Putting this out there in case anyone knows: is it possible to put the winter wheel/tire set for the Taycan into the car for transport (presumably with the seats down)? I'm looking at getting a set, but this is turning out to be an important aspect of my purchase decision.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 20" winter wheels barely got in in the loaner Panamera I had at the time, so my guess would be No. I don't think 2 wheels will fit side-by-side (too narrow in the trunk). Possibly if you build a pyramid. They are heavier and bigger than I thought at least. Put them in an Uber?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I usually buy a winter wheel and tire set, but could not find a reasonably priced wheel online that is verified to work with the Taycan. The sets sold by Porsche are quite pricy. I ended up ordering the Pirelli P-Zero winter tires from tirerack, they have them in the correct size for the 20" wheels. My guess is that it will be a stretch, but doable (one in trunk, three on the folded backseat).

If anyone knows a good source of less than arm-and-a-leg wheels please share....

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Thank you - I found those, also another site in Poland that ships them. Problem is that transport is ~800 Euro. When converting to USD, adding transport (and probably customs tax) it is almost the same as the price from the dealership here.

I ordered the winter tires for ~$1700 delivered, add a bit for installation, still a fraction of the price.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
So an update here. The tires are - how should I put it? - BIG. That being said, I think they will fit with some artistic maneuvering. At most one tire in the trunk, second 3 quarters in the car, the other two piled up in some sort of pyramid. See second picture with the rear tire in the trunk.

Porsche Taycan Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car? IMG_3054

Porsche Taycan Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car? IMG_3056

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
That being said, I think they will fit with some artistic maneuvering.
I would love to see a photo of your artistic maneuvering since a lot of people say it can't be done :CWL:

• Haha
Reactions: B61

OP
OP
porsche_coyote

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
It's a form of art :cool:. And yes, they fit (barely). You can only get the tire through the backdoor in the direction shown with the door open. Rear wheel tires flat on the floor, front tires as a pyramid.

IMG_3088.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG
So will that door close? Or is it just too tight?

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am impressed. My other option is to use a carpool service and drive the wheels to my work where I can change them. At this point I am not sure what is the bigger hassle.

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don’t forget that they will be mighty heavy on the rims. My wheel hotel guy refused to let me help lift them out of the car without lift belt. What’s the cost of wheel hotel in Norway? Here it is cheap enough to make changing them myself a non-option.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Don’t forget that they will be mighty heavy on the rims. My wheel hotel guy refused to let me help lift them out of the car without lift belt. What’s the cost of wheel hotel in Norway? Here it is cheap enough to make changing them myself a non-option.
Nobody offering storage here in town, and the dealer only had plans to start something, have not heard about it yet. It looks like at least for this winter I will have to carry them to the store for mounting. Still looking for some cheaper wheels, local tire shop thought there are some options. The thing is they did not have an exact match for the offset (45 instead of 50s, not sure how that will affect the wheels.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Crazy that they won't store the wheels for you. It's completely standard over here.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61