First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
Hi,

please help me out! Should I go for a 4s in volcano grey with 20” tubo aero wheels or dolomite silver with 21” taycan design wheels?
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hi,

please help me out! Should I go for a 4s in volcano grey with 20” tubo aero wheels or dolomite silver with 21” taycan design wheels?
I don't want to comment on the wheel choice, but Dolomite Silver is much more forgiving for dirt than Volcano Grey. And with the drache nationale in Belgium...

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I don't want to comment on the wheel choice, but Dolomite Silver is much more forgiving for dirt than Volcano Grey. And with the drache nationale in Belgium...
For sure, that's why I took Dolomite silver as well. ?

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD coming Nov 2021
Country flag
Yes, I also - I choose the 21" Design with Silberglanz-painting, the black ones are too black as I feel.....

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Would pick a dark color especially if you have panoramic roof

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dolomite Siver. Looks great and doesn't show the dirt the way volcano or black does. As an aside, black looks great but I don't know anyone who had a black car and then got a second black one.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
I always think dolomite is not so much a ‘headturner’, or am I wrong? White and crayon are too fancy, black too mainstream…

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think silver can be hit or miss, depending on the rest of the car. The Taycan has a lot of black accents so I think it looks great in silver. I do prefer it with the metal roof though. Definitely needs the chrome delete on the window trim too.

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
I have a Volcano Grey with 20" Sport Aero Wheels and decided within 2 weeks of owning it that I made a mistake with the wheels and colour, so I ordered a Turbo S in Dolomite Silver 21" Mission E Wheels.
Why do you think you made a mistake? Do you have your dolomite already?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I live in a country where it rains every 8 seconds; that's not a good mixture with Volcano Grey. It's so beautiful when just cleaned, but even after a single journey it can lose the appeal from all the visible dirt. It also lacks the lines that really show off in the lighter colours.

We saw Dolomite Silver and Volcano Grey in the showroom prior to buying and weren't a fan of the blueish tone of Dolomite, whilst Volcano Grey looks spectacular inside. It was an expensive lesson learnt: don't pay attention to how it looks in non-real world conditions.

The Dolomite arrives in about 5 weeks time: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7G25B4

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
I live in a country where it rains every 8 seconds; that's not a good mixture with Volcano Grey. It's so beautiful when just cleaned, but even after a single journey it can lose the appeal from all the visible dirt. It also lacks the lines that really show off in the lighter colours.

We saw Dolomite Silver and Volcano Grey in the showroom prior to buying and weren't a fan of the blueish tone of Dolomite, whilst Volcano Grey looks spectacular inside. It was an expensive lesson learnt: don't pay attention to how it looks in non-real world conditions.

The Dolomite arrives in about 5 weeks time: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7G25B4
A coating could be a solution…

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
So silver is winning the poll! Would it win from crayon too? :)