Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@thenaimis I agree with you matey. At first I select white, then added the Sport Design body pack, changed the online creator and IMPO silver shows off the lines of the car much better than white. But we all see colours differently and it is all down to personal choice. I have some new pics from the weekend, which I will post soon. I am very happy that I change from White to Dolomite Silver. It looks striking.
So glad to hear it...I was going back and forth for same reason
Sponsored

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The wait is nearly over end of next week I get my 4S with red leather interior and 21” exclusive high gloss black wheels. The next week is going to drag like hell but will post pics on here when I pick up. P.S will have the red callipers too as that is what I wanted instead of white, yellow or black
Please send pics - hoping to see a dolomite with all black 21’s

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Please send pics - hoping to see a dolomite with all black 21’s
Would send pics in a heart beat only trouble is my car has not been delivered. Finished but stopped for quality issue. Been 3 weeks now and still no info on when it will be delivered

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would send pics in a heart beat only trouble is my car has not been delivered. Finished but stopped for quality issue. Been 3 weeks now and still no info on when it will be delivered
o_O

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Have you not had any explanation from Porsche about this?

You must have a lot of patience. I would have told them to stuff it long ago, and requested the return of my deposit. They have not followed the contract. There are several Taycan models for sale in Germany and perhaps there is one with or very close to your specification.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you not had any explanation from Porsche about this?

You must have a lot of patience. I would have told them to stuff it long ago, and requested the return of my deposit. They have not followed the contract. There are several Taycan models for sale in Germany and perhaps there is one with or very close to your specification.
Might go down that route. Going on holiday this week so if not delivered or at least news by next week will take action and probably legal too

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Wheels look amazing - I went all black - hope I don’t regret not getting the contrast
Unbelievable looking car. You definitely want the clear side markers from Suncoast. I'm still looking forward to the Carrera White with the matching mission E wheels, carbon fiber and matte surfaces gloss black (and a bit of body 'contouring' with a black strip along the door sills), window tint, Xpel full wrap and lifetime ceramic (and clear side markers...).

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Is it just me or is the Dolomite Silver the most poorly rendered color in the designer app? I ended up with Carrara white and I doubt I'll regret it, but the photos above of the silver look much nicer than the app, which really looks more like a dull grey.
Always go to your dealer and get them to show you a car with the color, so you know what you order. The colors on the computer screen are never accurate and often really wrong.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New update: car is leaving Stuttgart tomorrow and my pick up date is next Wednesday 19th. Well that is the latest information so 6th time lucky for the delivery

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Is it just me or is the Dolomite Silver the most poorly rendered color in the designer app? I ended up with Carrara white and I doubt I'll regret it, but the photos above of the silver look much nicer than the app, which really looks more like a dull grey.
I agree 100% that the CG'd images on the configurator were terrible. PCNA has heard, clearly, my opinion on that.
Very unfortunate we had to configure $150K cars without paint samples on a new color.

However.......since I based my decision on the Dolomite purely on the CG'd representation......it was the color that I actually wanted. An understated metallic grey.
I was disappointed on delivery.

I have Pcars in both GT Silver and Arctic Silver. I anticipated the Dolomite would be darker than GT.....way darker than Arctic. My long-time Dlr Rep. agreed with that assessment, based on the configurator we both saw.
In reality......Dolomite is much brighter than GT and about as bright as Arctic.

However, if the poor CG'd representation actually worked to your favor.......great. Enjoy.
Sponsored

Last edited: