DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
After three weeks of ownership I am still completely over the moon with the car. I ignore the weird and enjoy the true engineering brilliance. Spent a few hours cleaning, polishing and waxing today.

D6094499-C84D-4E63-9F92-AC030C36612B.jpeg

57B930B3-C275-431B-977E-BCBD45B72564.jpeg
Agree... Truly amazing feat of Engineering

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is it just me or is the Dolomite Silver the most poorly rendered color in the designer app? I ended up with Carrara white and I doubt I'll regret it, but the photos above of the silver look much nicer than the app, which really looks more like a dull grey.
Agreed..... the poorly rendered colour in the designer app does not reflect the actual colour in the flesh. I was initially concerned when I saw it on a Macan, seemed far too blue. But the Dolomite Silver changes depending on the mood of the light that the car sits in.

I did the opposite to you, chose white but IMPO, with the Sport Design Pack, it did not really complement the lines on this amazing car. So I changed to Dolomite Silver and am very glad I did. The car gets much attention when she is allowed out ;)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Picked up my Dolomite Silver 4S today. Build code: PLM5JUF8
Very happy with the car itself and with my choices (even the 19" wheels which are needed to deal with the terrible potholes in New Jersey) but - in hindsight and through what I meanwhile learned on this forum - maybe I should have added rear-wheel steering.
One bummer: the dealer was not able to connect the car with the internet. Opened ticket at Porsche...

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club Taycan4SKingske

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Very happy with the car itself and with my choices (even the 19" wheels which are needed to deal with the terrible potholes in New Jersey) but - in hindsight and through what I meanwhile learned on this forum - maybe I should have added rear-wheel steering.
One bummer: the dealer was not able to connect the car with the internet. Opened ticket at Porsche...

Taycan4SKingske.jpg
I had same issue. Just got my Porsche ID connected yesterday after a week wait. Did it myself even though dealer told me I’d have to come back. Other than storing my profile as my name vs Guest, and the ability to view the car (sometimes when it works) on the Connect App, not sure how important it is to really be “connected” - especially reading about all of the issues folks have had with the app and battery draining coincidences.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I had same issue. Just got my Porsche ID connected yesterday after a week wait. Did it myself even though dealer told me I’d have to come back. Other than storing my profile as my name vs Guest, and the ability to view the car (sometimes when it works) on the Connect App, not sure how important it is to really be “connected” - especially reading about all of the issues folks have had with the app and battery draining coincidences.
Thanks @Schlossj . Meanwhile, back at home, I was also able to connect on my own after lots of fiddling. It is unclear whether Porsche changed something in the background as a result of the ticket or whether it was just my own trial and error approach. The episode illustrated how unfamiliar most dealers still are with Porsche’s first all-electric vehicle. I guess that is understandable and I somehow feel for them because a tidal wave will hit the dealers and turn their business model upside down. Fortunately I learned a lot from all you guys out there on this forum so that I could ultimately fix things myself, but one cannot expect the typical non-maniac to invest that amount of reading time just to drive off in his/her new car...

cjne

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021, Tesla Model S P100D 2019
Country flag
I think i'm going to change from mamba green to dolomite, i really like the contrast with the black details.
I was wondering about the mission e wheels, is it worth getting the painted in same color as car option or will the standard color look just as good?
Looks almost the same in the configurator...

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think i'm going to change from mamba green to dolomite, i really like the contrast with the black details.
I was wondering about the mission e wheels, is it worth getting the painted in same color as car option or will the standard color look just as good?
IMHO - the all blacks with black calipers wins...but I may be biased :)

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the mission e wheels in standard colour and IMPO they look the nuts

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club Front Wheel - Chargin

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club Front Right Low - Copy

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club Evie - Black and White

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Taycan4SKingske.jpg
@Kingske Welcome to "The Best Colour Club" :like:

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
For your comparison, here is a picture of the wheels painted in the same Dolomite Silver body color......admittedly I do also like Jeff's all blacks.
Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club Dolomite Silver Wheel.JPG