DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m 15,000 miles in after one year of ownership and it’s been fantastic. LOVE the color and I would highly suggest darkening the back and side Windows. It changes the look of the car dramatically. Just my opinion?

48141B11-B9C7-4293-A5D5-6B10C7887DE2.jpeg

F54A85A5-2CC9-44CE-9792-9D9269D1AD4D.jpeg

2DBCD10A-BAC6-4FF5-A073-77A5FACAA413.jpeg
Stunning. Mine should be here soon. Same colour + same wheels.

Are the window tints standard factory or have you gone darker with aftermarket?

Pennyroyal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, 2022 Mercedes GLC
Country flag
We had a Jet Black on order (just finished production yesterday) but a week ago saw the Dolomite next to a Jet Black on the dealer lot and in sunlight the silver beams. The color reminds me of the Diamond Silver SL Mercedes we had a decade ago. At some angles it's bluish, but I know it will be easier to keep than the Jet Black.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Stunning. Mine should be here soon. Same colour + same wheels.

Are the window tints standard factory or have you gone darker with aftermarket?
I didn’t have option in the states so I went aftermarket to who Porsche uses. I did back windshield and front and back sides to try and match darkness of b pillar ?

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
Picked this up Tuesday. Had a Jet Black on order but saw this Dolomite and in the sunlight the color comes alive. Went to the supercharger last night- had a very slow charge session- but the home charging will be set up soon.

IMG_2191 2.jpeg
So glad you posted that pic! Mine is due in the next week or so. Same wheels etc. (Build code PM42UFK8). I have been so worried about the colour choice! Fed up with dark cars that look great when cleaned, but only stays like that for half an hour or so. I live down a country lane...Your pic looks great and I’m so happy I picked Dolomite Silver. Pics to follow when it arrives...

Last edited:

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
So glad you posted that pic! Mine is due in the next week or so. Same wheels etc. (Build code PM42UFK8). I have been so worried about the colour choice! Fed up with dark cars that look great when cleaned, but only for half an hour or so. I live down a country lane...You pic looks great and I’m so happy I picked Dolomite Silver. Pics to follow when it arrives...
Pictures do not do justice for Dolomite. The car(s) look so much better in person (imo).

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see PennyRoyal and Skystorm both have the steel roof. What’s your opinion now you have it that way? I have a Range Rover sport with pano, and the blind is permanently closed on that. Pointless extra as the only people that can look out of the pano roof are the rear passengers!

I think the solid roof looks so much better in your pics. The subtle bulges looks great and improves the flow of the design. The black pano roof breaks the flow for me.

thoughts please?

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also did not go with the pano roof, I think the silver looks better with a black roof however I don't like all that light coming in. Could wrap it get the same effect and still have the bulges showing.

Will have to wait and see when I get the car.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I see PennyRoyal and Skystorm both have the steel roof. What’s your opinion now you have it that way? I have a Range Rover sport with pano, and the blind is permanently closed on that. Pointless extra as the only people that can look out of the pano roof are the rear passengers!

I think the solid roof looks so much better in your pics. The subtle bulges looks great and improves the flow of the design. The black pano roof breaks the flow for me.

thoughts please?
I have the steel roof and prefer both looks and the saving ;) the pano roof is very tintet so its “only” for rear passengers and the pano roof comes with roof rail ability something you must do without with the steel roof.

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club FA2955CA-4779-4DBC-9055-678B74F61038

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the steel roof and prefer both looks and the saving ;) the pano roof is very tintet so its “only” for rear passengers and the pano roof comes with roof rail ability something you must do without with the steel roof.

FA2955CA-4779-4DBC-9055-678B74F61038.jpeg
Looks good to me! Much cleaner lines.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

FA2955CA-4779-4DBC-9055-678B74F61038.jpeg
IMHO the steel roof looks better from the outside (cleaner lines) and the pano roof looks better from the inside (more spacious feeling).

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Another vote for the "steel" (actually it's aluminum) roof. Lighter weight, no extra cost and IMVHO better looking.

I love those photos of it in Dolomite Silver...my chosen color!
Sponsored

Last edited: