Don’t curb the wheels!!

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’m gutted, curbed my wheel last week and thought it would be a quick alloy refurb through Porsche at a cost of c. £150 max. Spoke to my dealership and they said we cannot refurb these wheels, it needs replacing! Literally a light scrape, I cannot justify replacing the wheel at a cost of over £1k ! Has anyone else curbed the mission E wheels and if so any similar feedback from the dealer?

Porsche Taycan Don’t curb the wheels!! 13659338-BEC6-4550-95D8-FEF81CA59A39
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I’m gutted, curbed my wheel last week and thought it would be a quick alloy refurb through Porsche at a cost of c. £150 max. Spoke to my dealership and they said we cannot refurb these wheels, it needs replacing! Literally a light scrape, I cannot justify replacing the wheel at a cost of over £1k ! Has anyone else curbed the mission E wheels and if so any similar feedback from the dealer?

13659338-BEC6-4550-95D8-FEF81CA59A39.jpeg
Surely that can be repaired. Depending on your location try Reep.

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag

Revive can do scuffs like this.

https://revive-uk.com/

Certainly the one in the Rotherham area can at least. It may not be perfect but you will barely be able to see it when done. I had a similar scuff on a 911 Turbo S wheel and I just could not tell where it was repaired without getting down to wheel level.

OP
OP
Spirited Young Horse

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Nope! Porsche said it cannot be repaired

i have to apologise to all Taycan owners for not being more careful with my parking and hurting the car

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
OP
OP
Spirited Young Horse

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The wheel can be cosmetically fixed as far as I can see. I'm not sure what your dealer is really trying to say.
Supposedly all Porsche dealers have been instructed not to refurb any wheels. I have spoken to three different dealerships around London all giving me the same response. See if your local Porsche dealer has a different view, it’s bizarre..

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
How did you curb the wheel without any mark on the tyre?
These Pirelli P-Zero Elect have a pretty sturdy lip to protect the rim.
Anyway, hurray for cameras on your car....ooopsy.
I feel sorry for your mark, I know it hurts like hell but it can be repaired, unlike what the dealer says, don't be ridiculous.
It's a different thing when you hit a curb or puthole at high speed, completely different story imho.
Just a little sanding, filler, primer and paint, no big deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spirited Young Horse

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
How did you curb the wheel without any mark on the tyre?
These Pirelli P-Zero Elect have a pretty sturdy lip to protect the rim.
Anyway, hurray for cameras on your car....ooopsy.
I feel sorry for your mark, I know it hurts like hell but it can be repaired, unlike what the dealer says, don't be ridiculous.
It's a different thing when you hit a curb or puthole at high speed, completely different story imho.
Just a little sanding, filler, primer and paint, no big deal.
Can you do it for me then?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Can you do it for me then?
Are you serious?
You are living in a country where they put and keep almost anything on the road, let alone the English craftsmanship to restore classic vehicles.
Are you sure there's no one in your country that can fix this?
Still, you haven't answered my question about the tire...

redrocket

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S, Bimmer X3
Country flag

That wheel can easily be repaired. Porsche is full of it. Perhaps they are worried about liability from a badly chewed up and structurally damaged wheel, but your wheel is minor cosmetic damage and is not structural whatsoever. If I had the proper paint codes I could fix that with a little epoxy filler, and an air brush. I have personally repaired far worse than that.

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I curbed my front right wheel much worse than yours. I had purchased the wheel in surname from Porsche and the dealer had a subcontractor wheel repair service come in while I waited and repaired the wheel to look like new. The repair guy did say that it took twice as long as typical due to the spokes being raised beyond the rims.
No cost to me but the dealer noted that the service charges $130 US per wheel.
They never mentioned replacing the wheel!

OP
OP
Spirited Young Horse

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
That wheel can easily be repaired. Porsche is full of it. Perhaps they are worried about liability from a badly chewed up and structurally damaged wheel, but your wheel is minor cosmetic damage and is not structural whatsoever. If I had the proper paint codes I could fix that with a little epoxy filler, and an air brush. I have personally repaired far worse than that.
Thanks Clint. I might take you up on your offer!
Sponsored