Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
First - damn it’s a pain to curb the wheels. Very sure it can be repaired. I have had several cars done (in my business etc) and they look flawless afterwards. There is nothing structural here on the wheel to be concerned about but maybe the lifting points of the car should be studied carefully before jacking it up.

Anyway it seems you have the Sorround view - and this is exactly the reason I would have specced it - if you could see the curbs. But you can’t - Porsche has greyed out the nearest 10 cms around the car. My dealer was raving about the surround view so I made a bet. If she could see my shoe, that I would place along the car as a curb would be possitioned, on the screen I would tick the box. Guess what happended ... Rather fun to se her switching views, rotating the camera angles etc.
For my needs the surround view is useless.
Are you kidding me???? Surround View doesn't see the curb as you're pulling up????

This is crazy. Porsche needs to fix it.:angry:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spirited Young Horse

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Are you kidding me???? Surround View doesn't see the curb as you're pulling up????

This is crazy. Porsche needs to fix it.:angry:
Of course the 360 degree surround view shows the curbs. When you are too close to the curb the lines become bends and indicate that you will hit the curb. I think the cameras are fine.

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m gutted, curbed my wheel last week and thought it would be a quick alloy refurb through Porsche at a cost of c. £150 max. Spoke to my dealership and they said we cannot refurb these wheels, it needs replacing! Literally a light scrape, I cannot justify replacing the wheel at a cost of over £1k ! Has anyone else curbed the mission E wheels and if so any similar feedback from the dealer?

13659338-BEC6-4550-95D8-FEF81CA59A39.jpeg
I checked with my Porsche dealer and he conformed that what you have been told is nonsense, they have refurbed their own demo car mission e wheels a couple of times including paint match, so unless you herbed it so hard that the wheel has buckled and in that case would need replacing then it can be repaired

OP
OP
Spirited Young Horse

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I checked with my Porsche dealer and he conformed that what you have been told is nonsense, they have refurbed their own demo car mission e wheels a couple of times including paint match, so unless you herbed it so hard that the wheel has buckled and in that case would need replacing then it can be repaired
Hey jheard, which dealership is this please ?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hey jheard, which dealership is this please ?
Since I plan on having my car a long time, and because my Panamera GTS picked up 7 or 8 nails in the rear tires, three which required new tires, and because in 106,000 miles I might have occasionally missed a curb...

I got the wheel and tire insurance package from my dealer - $2,100 for 5 years. Replace any wheel or tire that suffers 'structural damage' due to a 'road hazard' (nails, debris, potholes etc.) for a $50 charge. They will repair any 'curbing' of the wheel for no charge.

Porsche Taycan Don’t curb the wheels!! IMG_1582

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Of course the 360 degree surround view shows the curbs. When you are too close to the curb the lines become bends and indicate that you will hit the curb. I think the cameras are fine.
Well the surround view shows everything when objects are not close to the car. Objects closer than at least 10 cm are deliberately “greyed out”/shown as a shadow - so this part is not shown and objects Will not be visible. My shoe that I put along the car “dissapeared”. I tried to make a screen dump from a Doug DeMuro video which kind of shows it. I think its by choice of porsche so they won’t get angry customers / lawsuits. Anyway point is that if you have to park close to curbs - og drive close to them (underfloor carpark) the system has limits to its use. So for me - its not really a help.

Porsche Taycan Don’t curb the wheels!! 3AC95BCA-6C65-4D49-982E-8044DDDEC2F7

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Smart Eq ForFour
Country flag
I’m gutted, curbed my wheel last week and thought it would be a quick alloy refurb through Porsche at a cost of c. £150 max. Spoke to my dealership and they said we cannot refurb these wheels, it needs replacing! Literally a light scrape, I cannot justify replacing the wheel at a cost of over £1k ! Has anyone else curbed the mission E wheels and if so any similar feedback from the dealer?

As far as I am aware they should be repairable. Try contacting Wheel Doctor (Alloy Wheel Repair Centre), based in Horley, Surrey.
You may consider getting Alloy Wheel Guards / Alloy Wheel Rim Protectors.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Posh Wash in Park Lane London do wheel refurb for high end cars. I have seen a La Ferrari in for wheel refurb.

Remember the Taycan be as modern as it wants but the wheels are still are still round and can be refurbed. Just maybe if you have the carbon wheels it may be more of an issue.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Posh Wash in Park Lane London do wheel refurb for high end cars. I have seen a La Ferrari in for wheel refurb.

Remember the Taycan be as modern as it wants but the wheels are still are still round and can be refurbed. Just maybe if you have the carbon wheels it may be more of an issue.
The carbon fiber blades on our Taycan TS were scratched on delivery (not much room for tie downs) - 5 out of 20 (3 wheels). They are bolted to the back of the wheel. Seem strong and lightweight but very glossy and easy to see scratches. The blades come from Germany - none in the US so along wait for repair.
The wheel would take a hit before the blades if curbed.

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag

Yes they can be repaired. My dealer confirmed they have refurbed a few on their demo cars ?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I did the same thing soon after my purchase, and took it to my dealer in Bellevue, WA (USA). They contacted a company called "SameDay USA" that dealers use to refurbish lease cars prior to resale.

The guy who did the work made both wheels look like new, but it cost me ~$600 USD. Still, better than living with those curbed wheels :)

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
My Turbo was collected by the dealer for a Rear Camera replacement and when I got it back the NS front alloy had been kerbed! The dealer didn't admit and liability but did offer to repair the wheel free of charge. The Turbo Aero wheels look like they're diamond cut along the rim and the edges of the spokes so I'd guess that's a silver paint repair by the refurb guy on-site, but still looks pretty good.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Has anyone noticed paint flaking? My mission E wheels are all gloss black. Noticed this the other day and its obviously not on the face of the wheel so hasn't been curbed...

I know some have had paint issues but wondered how people had got on?

Porsche Taycan Don’t curb the wheels!! IMG_9172.JPG
Sponsored