SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Given Porsche’s lack of communication, I’m kinda done doing their testing for them. I’m waiting for a solution like the rest of you.
Don, If you do not use Porsche connect app to log into the car or the delay charging program of the car the 12v batterie remained Ok is that correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Don, If you do not use Porsche connect app to log into the car or the delay charging program of the car the 12v batterie remained Ok is that correct?
I believe the failure is triggered by logging in and CHANGING something in Timer or Profiles.

It seems to be fine if you just observe via the Connect App, as long as you don’t change settings.

I could be wrong. I do not have any inside knowledge of how their ecosystem works, so I could be off base.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe the failure is triggered by logging in and CHANGING something in Timer or Profiles.

It seems to be fine if you just observe via the Connect App, as long as you don’t change settings.

I could be wrong. I do not have any inside knowledge of how their ecosystem works, so I could be off base.
Ok I will just use the charge times pre set for PG&E EV rate in my Chargepoint to change and just charge to 100% with not presets in the car and not use the Connect App....

CinVinman

First Name
VInce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

The bad news - I did the bad thing before I read this. The good news - I tripped the emergency release of the charger and put on a trickle charger all night. The bad news - I can't figure out a way to reset the car - each time I connect, it goes into the initialization phase and locks the charging plug. White LED blinking forever. The charger itself says connection made, but the Connect app says inititialization even after I manually disconnect the charger. Does anyone know how to reset the car so it will charge again normally?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The bad news - I did the bad thing before I read this. The good news - I tripped the emergency release of the charger and put on a trickle charger all night. The bad news - I can't figure out a way to reset the car - each time I connect, it goes into the initialization phase and locks the charging plug. White LED blinking forever. The charger itself says connection made, but the Connect app says inititialization even after I manually disconnect the charger. Does anyone know how to reset the car so it will charge again normally?
Do you have Timers and Profiles set up?
If so, then the car may be waiting to begin charging.
Flip the "switch" to turn Direct Charging to ON. Then see if the car starts charging.

CinVinman

First Name
VInce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do you have Timers and Profiles set up?
If so, then the car may be waiting to begin charging.
Flip the "switch" to turn Direct Charging to ON. Then see if the car starts charging.

So this morning, the app tells me tht there has been an error in charging and to try again. I dutifully march out to the garage and can see that the car jumps to life but the dreaded white flashing light is not flashing anymore. So I plug her in. Surprise - it starts to charge! Then all of a sudden, the dreaded red screen - error message to the effect of - the circuit breaker has tripped, please correct and try again. But the car by now has gone totally dead - key fob has no effect, all screens are black. Now what?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just dropped my car off at the Dealership. Service department said yesterday there were FOUR separate updates for our cars. Two of them require parts. One of the software campaigns should fix the 12v battery depletion problem.

See? Porsche was actually working on the problem. :) I hadn’t been taken over by Porsche drones. I just couldn’t discuss that this update was coming.

More details as I get them.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
The campaign Don is describing is the WLG2 campaign. I had it installed on my 4s yesterday while they were replacing my defective 12v battery. I can share a PDF of the paperwork, if anyone would like to see the list of control parts that were updated.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The campaign Don is describing is the WLG2 campaign. I had it installed on my 4s yesterday while they were replacing my defective 12v battery. I can share a PDF of the paperwork, if anyone would like to see the list of control parts that were updated.
Yes, please. Thank you!

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just dropped my car off at the Dealership. Service department said yesterday there were FOUR separate updates for our cars. Two of them require parts. One of the software campaigns should fix the 12v battery depletion problem.

See? Porsche was actually working on the problem. :) I hadn’t been taken over by Porsche drones. I just couldn’t discuss that this update was coming.

I wonder if our cars currently on ships to the US will already have this update from the factory or need it done state side?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Any idea whether these parts are readily available or if these are new things needing to be ordered and shipped from Germany?

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Seems like software updates for cars on a boat (mine) will get updated in dealer prep. I, for one, will be checking before I go 150 miles to the dealership.

Chuck J

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

@louv do you know what parts? My dealer did not mention hardware and said I could wait at the dealership while the software updates were being performed.
Sponsored