evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Just an FYI for folks with cars currently in shipment...

My TurboS was unloaded in Houston last week, and although my dealer got "port exit" notifications for several other cars on the Swift Ace, they said my Taycan has not yet been released for transport. I have been keeping him well up to date on much of the info on updates posted here and he believes it is likely they are applying the associated hardware and software updates directly at the port...

Although I was hoping to have my car on a transport earlier, I would rather they fix this BEFORE I take delivery. I also expect the Porsche facility at the port is likely better equipped (and stocked) to do this kind of work vs individual dealers...
Sponsored

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
My 12v battery replacement is still on order.
Yay. Parts arrival confirmed and Service scheduled: Last week of August. The whole week.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yay. Parts arrival confirmed and Service scheduled: Last week of August. The whole week.
Will be interesting to hear. What they are going to do. one week is a very long time in my view.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Will be interesting to hear. What they are going to do. one week is a very long time in my view.
Three hardware Campaigns: 12v Battery, High Voltage Cable, seatbelt receivers.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got my 4S back from the dealer. They let me use a Macan as a loaner, and I have to say I was really unimpressed. I'm so used to the quick acceleration of the Taycan that the Macan was no fun.

The recall items addressed included --
  • WLD0 - Replace high-voltage line from high-voltage distributor to E-box
  • WLE3 - Replace vehicle electrical system battery
  • WLG2 - Update software for various control units.
I wasn't having any serious issues before, but it is nice to have these changes. A couple of problems remain that I might bring the car back in for though -
  • Sensitivity of driver's side door lock/unlock sensor. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
  • Trunk open on foot action. Strangely this used to work, but now doesn't.
Still love the car and driving it is a kick. I'll probably sit on these two issues for a while as I want to see how things evolve.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got my 4S back from the dealer. They let me use a Macan as a loaner, and I have to say I was really unimpressed. I'm so used to the quick acceleration of the Taycan that the Macan was no fun.

The recall items addressed included --
  • WLD0 - Replace high-voltage line from high-voltage distributor to E-box
  • WLE3 - Replace vehicle electrical system battery
  • WLG2 - Update software for various control units.
I wasn't having any serious issues before, but it is nice to have these changes. A couple of problems remain that I might bring the car back in for though -
  • Sensitivity of driver's side door lock/unlock sensor. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Still love the car and driving it is a kick. I'll probably sit on these two issues for a while as I want to see how things evolve.
For the trunk open, there is a setting that disables that. That may have been reset when they did the updates

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For the trunk open, there is a setting that disables that. That may have been reset when they did the updates
In the Good to Know app, under "Trunk lid", it says that foot gesture control setting is located at Settings > Vehicle > Vehicle closing systems > Trunk lid comfort opening.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In the Good to Know app, under "Trunk lid", it says that foot gesture control setting is located at Settings > Vehicle > Vehicle closing systems > Trunk lid comfort opening.
Reg & Genau -

That was it! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Nice to have the help.

I guess I’ll have to check all my settings each time I bring the car in.

CinVinman

First Name
VInce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was having the same issue with the driver side door lock. It works a little differently than what I am used to and it's possible tht positioning your thumb over the sensor at the wrong time can cause it to appear to be malfunctioning. I am going to pay more attention and see if it persists.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was having the same issue with the driver side door lock. It works a little differently than what I am used to and it's possible tht positioning your thumb over the sensor at the wrong time can cause it to appear to be malfunctioning. I am going to pay more attention and see if it persists.
Sometimes when the Driver's Door does not respond I simply reach back to the Passenger door and it works. Kind of goofy looking, but oh well!

I'm so used to a Lexus door lock sensor being bulletproof that this is a bit annoying, and I hope to get a solution at some point. Feels a little like the car is waiting for me to learn its secrets :rolleyes:

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, I’ve experienced this issue as well, but I think I debugged it - this is truly a “me” problem. I usually put my money clip (no actual cash, just credit cards) and my car keys in my left front pocket. I’ve got an AMEX Platinum and Apple titanium card in that clip (no comments, please) and found that when the keys get behind that stack of cards, it definitely impacts the signal. When I put my money clip in my other pocket, things are far more reliable. This doesn’t occur with my other car, so not sure if the Taycan’s system is more sensitive, but can easily reproduce it.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, I’ve experienced this issue as well, but I think I debugged it - this is truly a “me” problem. I usually put my money clip (no actual cash, just credit cards) and my car keys in my left front pocket. I’ve got an AMEX Platinum and Apple titanium card in that clip (no comments, please) and found that when the keys get behind that stack of cards, it definitely impacts the signal. When I put my money clip in my other pocket, things are far more reliable. This doesn’t occur with my other car, so not sure if the Taycan’s system is more sensitive, but can easily reproduce it.
Good thinking. I have both an Apple Titanium card and a Chase Sapphire which is made of stainless steel (I think), and the wallet is in the same pocket with the Taycan key fob. I'll have to try moving the key fob or wallet and see what happens.
Sponsored