First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Hi
so ok - one has the Noco boost with them "in the car" - does anyone have the short cut/instructxions for "opening" the car door when it's completely dead?
From Good to Know app:

Porsche Taycan Don Breaks His Taycan - The Saga of the 12v Battery 1600727571649
Sponsored

Poluski

First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, 914-6, 944 Turbo, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks so much for the info. What's the parking brake/motion reset? I can't find it in the manual.
After the car was revived, the right circular dash display told me I need to reset it. The procedure was stepping on the brake pedal and confirming on the center console display. That's all.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Louv,
Are the rear seat backs mechanically released to fold down since I am keeping my jump battery in the trunk? It feels like they are.
Thanks,
Rob

awd

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2019 GT3 RS
Country flag
@r553 - they are mechanical... but do the rear passenger doors unlock if the 12V is dead...?

You'll be climbing over seats :)

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Louv,
Are the rear seat backs mechanically released to fold down since I am keeping my jump battery in the trunk? It feels like they are.
Thanks,
Rob
As awd said, yes, the seats are mechanically released.

I seem to recall I could reach back and pull the interior handle to open the rear door. (So I didn’t have to climb over). Because that’s where I store my emergency battery: in the forward part of the trunk. Up against the back seats.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Another 12V battery death here. WLG2 campaign has been applied, but not sure if my vehicle needed a 12V battery replacement (I took delivery in April, when WLG2 was applied there was no mention of needing a new battery). The car was plugged into the Porsche charger at home. I'm fairly certain I mucked with either a profile or timer while it was connected - that seems to be the common denominator cause of problems. The excellent instructions on Don's original post allowed me to re-start the car fairly quickly - thank you. I have since charged and driven the car fine, including a track day.

I have advised my service advisor of the issue and asked to double-check if my car is subject to campaign WLE3 for the 12V battery. There is also WLG6 out now which includes among other things some improvements for charging at home.

Some additional notes to add to this thread.

1) Once the car started up, there was a warning light for an electrical system issue - service required. However the car drove fine and that warning went away on its own.

2) The last time my car communicated with Porsche servers was while the car was connected Saturday (but charging was paused). The vehicle data (mileage, charge state, etc.) have not updated in the Connect App or on the website. Connect services in the car (Weather, News, real-time traffic) are still working.

If you have any concerns about this problem cropping up while charging at home, here's a quick and dirty work-around: Unlock your frunk when you connect to your home charger (or if you can't resist using the app to change profiles while charging). If something bad happens, you have rapid access to the 12V jump start posts to get enough 12V juice to the HV relays. Once the HV system is awake, the 12V battery will be re-charged. If you happen to be out in the wild when your 12V system dies, any friendly ICE driver with jumper cables will happily give you a jump, then drive off laughing or call their friend with a "you're not gonna believe what just happened" story.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Did I understand you correctly that you had not made any changes to the profiles in the app?

Chuck J

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@Chuck J I recall I DID possibly make changes to a profile or timer while the car was connected to the charger. As a follow-up, my car has been unable to connect to the Porsche server since this event. Today, upon advise from customer support I deleted my profile from the car and attempted to log back in. Login is failing with incorrect credentials, even though I know they are correct (and I changed the password to be certain and tried creating a new Porsche ID for my wife and also could not connect with that profile).

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I just can"t figure a reason to use the Connect app. It's frustrating!

Chuck J

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I just can"t figure a reason to use the Connect app. It's frustrating!

Chuck J
“It’s 14°F outside, and I want to drive somewhere. Let’s preheat the car!”

But yeah, sometimes it is easier (read: takes less time) to walk out to the car.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, Don!

Chuck J

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Lot of people have posted in this thread, so I am asking here:

After the dealer "fixed" your 12V problem, were you able to login with your Porsche ID in the PCM? There is another thread that has a couple people who are in this position and cannot login.

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Yes...
(for just the cars in the USA)
1) manufacturer an extra 578 new batteries with correct non-updateable firmware. Write repair orders. Translate & localize.
2) ship them across the Atlantic (by sea, since air shipping is highly restricted)
3) truck them to dealerships (see #2)
4) have customers bring in their cars
5) replace battery in car with part V04-015-001-BA (Shop time: 163 units)
6) Recall all previous battery inventory part 9J1-915-105-EY (ship by ground and sea)

Easy. :cool:
hi Louv
here Nicola from Italy,

i have my Taycan 4s since less than 2 weeks...

my Taycan is a MY 2021 and today when I go to my car in garage (not in charging ) there was this message ...
Porsche Taycan Don Breaks His Taycan - The Saga of the 12v Battery F33C0D2F-170B-49FA-B492-12741472FC17

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
@louv what can I do ?
now car is at the dealer and they have no idea how to fix because it’s the first case for them...

dealer tolds me that recall for 12 v batteries doesn’t assign to mine Taycan

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@miglio - your problem is different - if your 12V battery were dead there would be _NO_ display in car - the car would be 100% dead - no functional displays/screens - your Porsche dealer will have diagnose the problem and report back to you.

but based on your pictures the problem you are experiencing is _NOT_ the same as existing known 12V issues.
Sponsored