miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
@miglio - your problem is different - if your 12V battery were dead there would be _NO_ display in car - the car would be 100% dead - no functional displays/screens - your Porsche dealer will have diagnose the problem and report back to you.

but based on your pictures the problem you are experiencing is _NOT_ the same as existing known 12V issues.
probably you have reason.
I have no battery completely death but I have the yellow message that is for the 12v battery.
I hope they can understand something with diagnose cable
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
hi Louv
here Nicola from Italy,

i have my Taycan 4s since less than 2 weeks...

my Taycan is a MY 2021 and today when I go to my car in garage (not in charging ) there was this message ...
F33C0D2F-170B-49FA-B492-12741472FC17.jpeg
What is this message in English? Is it about the battery or the electrical system

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Lot of people have posted in this thread, so I am asking here:

After the dealer "fixed" your 12V problem, were you able to login with your Porsche ID in the PCM? There is another thread that has a couple people who are in this position and cannot login.
I had this (12V failure -> restart -> can't log in). Also factory reset in the PCM fails. Car in at the dealership today. They pulled lots of codes related to the 12V fail but nothing conclusive. They said they were able to get factory reset to succeed after a 12V system disconnect and restart, but I still cannot log in after that and they do not know the cause. Case open with Connect support. Now back at home, factory reset isn't working again (tried it just to see since that step was one of the things Connect support recommended).

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
hi Louv
here Nicola from Italy,

i have my Taycan 4s since less than 2 weeks...

my Taycan is a MY 2021 and today when I go to my car in garage (not in charging ) there was this message ...
F33C0D2F-170B-49FA-B492-12741472FC17.jpeg
I don’t think this is even a 12 volt battery problem. If I understand the message correctly it says something like ” Defective on board network” .

In the Good to Know app that warning light seems more to do with the main battery?

I would be very disappointed if the Porsche service could not pinpoint that with their systems!

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think this is even a 12 volt battery problem. If I understand the message correctly it says something like ” Defective on board network” .

In the Good to Know app that warning light seems more to do with the main battery?

I would be very disappointed if the Porsche service could not pinpoint that with their systems!
I have retired after check the car...

nothing solved because nothing found by technician.

I dont know how to do...I trust in my dealer so now I observe my car and I hope to not do this again.

they told me than when the message is yellow is 12vbattery...if it’s red is main battery (in this case the car doesn’t be moved)

with yellow message you can go ( as good to know said) but safely avoid to push hard

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I have retired after check the car...

nothing solved because nothing found by technician.

I dont know how to do...I trust in my dealer so now I observe my car and I hope to not do this again.

they told me than when the message is yellow is 12vbattery...if it’s red is main battery (in this case the car doesn’t be moved)

with yellow message you can go ( as good to know said) but safely avoid to push hard
When your dealer says:
Yellow = ok but don't push hard
Red = stop

to my ears this sounds like they're swimming in a oceon of unknown...

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
When your dealer says:
Red = stop

I also question the fact that a yellow light would mean the 12 volt battery? It does not make my sense to me?

Even if you push hard there is no greater load on 12 volt. It all points to that the dealer has very little knowledge about the car. And I feel this is unfortunately the same with most dealers. They have far too little knowledge on these cars.

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When your dealer says:
Red = stop

probably but this is not what dealer said me, this is what the manual says

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, my car was completely dead this morning, the second time this has happened. The one thing that is common for both times is I was sitting in the car in the afternoon, on the phone with the car 'on'. The car turned off after about 15 minutes, and I turned it back on.

For some reason, this seems to be a problem for the battery. I got no error messages whatsoever. The car charged properly to 85%, unlike the first time when the charging went goofy and did a direct charge to 100%. There was nothing that indicated anything wrong with the car on Porsche Connect, or the charging station. Now, I'm driving around with jumper cables. This is ridiculous.:mad:

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
OK, my car was completely dead this morning, the second time this has happened. The one thing that is common for both times is I was sitting in the car in the afternoon, on the phone with the car 'on'. The car turned off after about 15 minutes, and I turned it back on.

For some reason, this seems to be a problem for the battery. I got no error messages whatsoever. The car charged properly to 85%, unlike the first time when the charging went goofy and did a direct charge to 100%. There was nothing that indicated anything wrong with the car on Porsche Connect, or the charging station. Now, I'm driving around with jumper cables. This is ridiculous.:mad:
I think the 12V system behaves like it is part of an ICE car and cannot “start the car” (activate the 800V system) to reduce vampire drain and possibly for some safety issues.

Consider always turning the car off manually, lock the car with the remote (even at home), and take the key >30 feet away. Plugging it in to charge before locking also gives the car a graceful method to shut down.

So far, our TS has not had any of the software or Connect issues we see on the forum (except being slow to communicate).

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Consider always turning the car off manually, lock the car with the remote (even at home), and take the key >30 feet away. Plugging it in to charge before locking also gives the car a graceful method to shut down.
Agree with this. I have always locked all of my plugin vehicles for the very reason that doing so was correlated with the end of my dead 12V battery issues. Each one (Tesla, Volt, Volvo) stopped having the issues once I locked my car (even in my own garage). The biggest downside of this is that I also keep my keys in a makeshift Faraday cage to prevent the car from inadvertently sensing my key when I get in the vicinity of the car.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Did you turn it off when you left the car? Did you take the key out of the car?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
There was one similarity in both instances of my dead battery. The day before I had sat in the car for an extended period of time. Both times the car 'turned itself off' after about 15 minutes, and I 'restarted' the car using the start button. Both times I had the accessories on the entire time, and both times I was in the car for a total of about 30 minutes. Both times I drove the car afterwards with no error messages or anything out of the ordinary. Both times I plugged the car into the charger under my 'home' profile. The first time, the next morning the car had gone to 'Direct' charging, and charged to 100%. The second time, the car charged properly to 85% and everything looked normal.

In both cases, the car was completely dead the next morning and I had to 'jump' using the fuse box/door hinge with jumper cables connected to my wife's Mercedes to open the frunk. The first time I charged for about an hour before driving. This time I only charged for 5 minutes. In both cases the car was fine, and I drove it to the dealer.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
to date porsche has not identified any steps or procedures that will avoid this problem - and from conversations with porsche service they have tacidly acknowleged there is an issue - and apparently porsche germany is investigating issues and may have a solution in a future update.

attributing the fact that you haven’t seen the rare and non-reproducible issue due proceedures followed is like claiming you’re safe from elephants cause one hasn’t attacked you yet.

this is a frustrating but rare problem.

there is no excuse for this to occur the vehicle has ample opportunity and normally ample power to provide to the 12V system - I look forward to future updates from porsche that will further reduce the fequency of this issue

in the mean time I have my 12V booster in the trunk of my Taycan.
Sponsored