Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
In particular, the second video below should be especially disturbing to all of us. :eek: ;)

Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The first one was stupid. He intentionally push and push and push.... while the 2nd one was obviously an accident of unexperienced driver.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The first one is just two average people in an unusual to them situation (obviously rented truck meaning they don't do this every day, and yes, sadly common sense is a misnomer, nothing common about it). I saw the seconds one before, driver panicked and pressed the accelerator instead of the brake - surprisingly common occurrence, especially when the car is positioned at an unusual angle. Many years ago, I had a family member drive through the garage door and into the living room in a much less powerful car - same problem with accelerator/brake confusion. Plenty of Tesla owners do this, some even famous, then they blamed Tesla for "unintended acceleration" - unfortunately for them, Tesla has precise logs of accelerator and brake pedal positions, so they could easily prove the problem was between the seat and the steering wheel. The worse one I saw trying to blame Tesla was an owner who accidentally discharged a handgun into the floor (battery), then blamed Tesla for the battery fire. At first Tesla agreed to replace the car, but once they found the bullet, the claim was refused.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From what I remember about that taycan video is that the car enaged hill hold the driver thought the car was in Park. They reached into the rear seats to get a coat and their foot pushed the accelerator.

OP
OP
Mike in CA

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Last edited: