gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
The guy who details my car just quit working for a Porsche dealer. He gave me a telling off when he detailed the car as he noticed a lot of fingers prints on the passenger's mainly but also driver windows. These as he correctly summised was because people are shutting the doors by pushing the windows. He explained that the window is really flimsy and can break the electronic window mechanism in the door easily. He had seen a number of cars in the shop getting a repair which apparently isn't under warranty. See for yourself. Open the door and give the window a wiggle. Just spreading the word.
Sponsored

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Welcome to the ‘80… this is common knowledge for a long time :)

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
One of the downside of frameless doors. Like being locked out before thawing the door out in the depths of winter, so the mechanism can drop the glass to open the door. Admittedly not Porsche but other makes.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The guy who details my car just quit working for a Porsche dealer. He gave me a telling off when he detailed the car as he noticed a lot of fingers prints on the passenger's mainly but also driver windows. These as he correctly summised was because people are shutting the doors by pushing the windows. He explained that the window is really flimsy and can break the electronic window mechanism in the door easily. He had seen a number of cars in the shop getting a repair which apparently isn't under warranty. See for yourself. Open the door and give the window a wiggle. Just spreading the word.
I keep telling my wife this.
Sponsored